Workflow Messages

Post by Ed » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone give me any advice on how to set up workflow forms.  We would
like to set up a form so that when one department fills in their part, it
will go to the next dept. and so on.

Thanks.

Ed

Workflow Messages

Post by Mike Stallman » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Using some sort of database backend, probably access if the load won't
be too heavy, create a table of rules for each user or group, and
progromatically, using vbscript, check those rules and implement them
through vbscript in outlook.

Workflow Messages

Post by Mike Stallman » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

P.S. A good book to help you get into outlook and vb script is "Building
Applications with Microsoft Outlook".  It's an MS press book.

Workflow Messages

Post by Jorge Luis Campos M » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I had a very good experience with a third party called KeyFile, I don't
remember the name of the product to use workflow,  but it could be KeyFlow.
Maybe you could take a look at it. Unfortunatelly I have left the company
that was using that system, if not, i could give some more details about it.

I don't know if that you want can be done without using a third party
product.

--
Saludos!!!   /   Greetings!!!
Ing. Jorge Luis Campos Medina

Quote:> Can anyone give me any advice on how to set up workflow forms.  We would