Cannot send mail between two exchange servers

Cannot send mail between two exchange servers

Post by Scot » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:59:08

What gives???  I have tried putting them in the same admin/routing group,
and in different admin/routing groups with connectors...but no luck.  I
cannot send mail from a mailbox on one server to a mailbox on the other.
This is frustrating!!!  Help!!!!

Cannot send mail between two exchange servers

Post by Ed Woodric » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:39:54

They'll need to be in the same admin/routing group.

Quote:> What gives???  I have tried putting them in the same admin/routing group,
> and in different admin/routing groups with connectors...but no luck.  I
> cannot send mail from a mailbox on one server to a mailbox on the other.
> This is frustrating!!!  Help!!!!

Cannot send mail between two exchange servers

Post by Scot » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:41:55

They are both in the same admin/routing group.  My main Exchange server is
an Active/Passive Cluster, and the second Exchange server is stand alone.
Would that cause a problem???

Thanks

> They'll need to be in the same admin/routing group.

> > What gives???  I have tried putting them in the same admin/routing
group,
> > and in different admin/routing groups with connectors...but no luck.  I
> > cannot send mail from a mailbox on one server to a mailbox on the other.
> > This is frustrating!!!  Help!!!!

1. Two Exchange 2K servers in the same W2K domain cannot send between each other

I keep getting the error - "A configuration error in the e-mail system
caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between
two recipients.  Contact your administrator".  This happens when I try to
send mail to a user whose mailbox is on the second stand alone server.

Has anyone seen this before?  I am running an active/passive cluster as one
server, and a stand alone setup as the other.  Both are SP2.

Thanks

2. Moving Exchange Information Store to another Drive?

3. slow deletion of e-mail

4. Two Servers in the Same Site Cannot Exchange E-Mail

5. remote OnSyncSave handlers

6. Two Servers in the Same Site Cannot Exchange E-Mail Event id 9322

7. Message heading buffer is full

8. Having problems sending mail between two exchange servers in same site

9. Just installed a second Exchange server in my site, and cant send mail between the two

10. 3 exchange server trouble send mail from one to other two in site

11. Cannot send or receive internet mail from Exchange Server 5.0