Automatic install of activex controls on a form

Automatic install of activex controls on a form

Post by Niklas Br?ttemar » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

If i have an activex control on a form in the exchange server
(Organsiation form),  how can this control be downloaded to
a client out there. (if the client don't have the control on the pc)

/Thanks Niklas

Automatic install of activex controls on a form

Post by Jiri Formace » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi Niklas,
you can put the following lines into .cfg file:
File1= <form's .exe>
File2= <someactivex.ocx>
File3= ...
and so...
Another problem is that the activeX should be properly registered on target
PC. You can write universal .exe which registers needed components and then
spawns form's .exe. Maybe another possibilities exists...

Regards,
Jiri Formacek

>If i have an activex control on a form in the exchange server
>(Organsiation form),  how can this control be downloaded to
>a client out there. (if the client don't have the control on the pc)

>/Thanks Niklas

1. ActiveX controls on outlook form

Hi,

I am developing some applications to be used by the 300+ people in my
company, using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 97.

I need to use some ActiveX controls  on one of the forms, but when I open
this form on a PC other than my developmetn pc, I get an error message
saying that Outlook cannot display the control, since they are not installed
on the client.

My question is, if I install and register the control on the server, will
this allow the client to use the control (as in web based appls)??

I know there must be a simple answer to this, and help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

2. MS Exchange 4.0. Exterprise Edition

3. MS Exchange Instant Messaging ActiveX control

4. Archive folder under IMCDATA directory?

5. ActiveX Control

6. Best practice for directory sharing

7. Install of a custom control on an Outlook form

8. Replacing a edb

9. OWA Body ActiveX Control Error

10. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

11. OWA Body ActiveX Control Error

12. MS Exchange Instant Messaging ActiveX control