Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

Post by Jake » Sat, 03 May 2003 06:01:32



The information store memory usage grows slowly until the
server gets a lot of requests at once. Then is starts
using Memory like crazy (as quick as 5mins) until the
Virtual Memory is out. The store stops responding at that
point and will not answer requests. I cannot get the store
to stop at this point. It requires a restart to get
exchange back.

The server is an Exchange 2000 SP3, PIII 1Ghz, 512 RAM,
768 Virtual RAM. My current workaround is to restart the
Information Store before it runs out of VM. I have read
the previous posts about Exchange 2000 and Memory usage
this seems to be a different issue.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jake

 
 
 

Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

Post by Michael Palermiti [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 11:52:20


Hi Jake,

I'd like to know what exactly you mean by "768 Virtual RAM".  Do you mean
that your paging file is 768MB?  Please clarify.
Also- maybe you could elaborate on where you are seeing the Store using
memory "until the Virtual Memory is out."  Again, are you referring to the
paging file usage?

When talking about Windows 2000 Virtual Memory, hopefully you understand
that it actually is not related to physical or paging memory at all.  So,
I'd like to know exactly what Performance Monitor counters you are viewing
to come to your conclusions.

-------------------------
Michael Palermiti
Enterprise Messaging Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
? 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Quote:> The information store memory usage grows slowly until the
> server gets a lot of requests at once. Then is starts
> using Memory like crazy (as quick as 5mins) until the
> Virtual Memory is out. The store stops responding at that
> point and will not answer requests. I cannot get the store
> to stop at this point. It requires a restart to get
> exchange back.

> The server is an Exchange 2000 SP3, PIII 1Ghz, 512 RAM,
> 768 Virtual RAM. My current workaround is to restart the
> Information Store before it runs out of VM. I have read
> the previous posts about Exchange 2000 and Memory usage
> this seems to be a different issue.

> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jake


 
 
 

Store.exe leaks memory until the Information Store stops responding

Post by Jake » Sat, 03 May 2003 23:05:45


Micheal, thanks for following up.

The "768 Virtual RAM" is Page file size "Initial size
(MB)". The Maximum size is set to 2048.
Using the "Windows Task Manager" is where I'm getting the
information on memory usage. In Task Manager looking
at "Memory Usage History" is where I'm getting the amount
of memory being used. In the Processes tab of the Task
Manager I see the store.exe using most of the memory.

When looking at the Commit Charge (K) in Windows Task
Manager the under the Performance tab. The Total, Limit
and Peak become the same range of numbers after the
768000K is reached. Then continue to go up until the
2048MB is reached. Then a message then appears saying to
the like "the system is out of Virtaul Memory, some
applications will not execute properly...." (sorry, I
didn't get exact message). I click OK. Looking in the
Processes Tab of the "Task Manager" store.exe memory usage
is reads above 1500000K. If I try to stop the Information
Store Service at this point I get a error saying it cannot
be stoped. This happens in a period of about 3 hours.

Note: The server slow to a crawl when the "Commit Charge
(K): Total" goes beyond 512MB.  

I'm not sure what counters you want setup in Perfmon, but
I did setup Pages/second: spiked up and down

Please let me know which counters would be best to use.

Thanks, Jake

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Jake,

>I'd like to know what exactly you mean by "768 Virtual
RAM".  Do you mean
>that your paging file is 768MB?  Please clarify.
>Also- maybe you could elaborate on where you are seeing
the Store using
>memory "until the Virtual Memory is out."  Again, are you
referring to the
>paging file usage?

>When talking about Windows 2000 Virtual Memory, hopefully
you understand
>that it actually is not related to physical or paging
memory at all.  So,
>I'd like to know exactly what Performance Monitor

counters you are viewing

- Show quoted text -

>to come to your conclusions.

>-------------------------
>Michael Palermiti
>Enterprise Messaging Support

>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>? 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.



>> The information store memory usage grows slowly until
the
>> server gets a lot of requests at once. Then is starts
>> using Memory like crazy (as quick as 5mins) until the
>> Virtual Memory is out. The store stops responding at
that
>> point and will not answer requests. I cannot get the
store
>> to stop at this point. It requires a restart to get
>> exchange back.

>> The server is an Exchange 2000 SP3, PIII 1Ghz, 512 RAM,
>> 768 Virtual RAM. My current workaround is to restart the
>> Information Store before it runs out of VM. I have read
>> the previous posts about Exchange 2000 and Memory usage
>> this seems to be a different issue.

>> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jake

>.

 
 
 

1. System memory (store.exe) grows until the system crash (NT4 SP6a)

Hi there,

I've serious problems on my Exchange 5.5 SP4 (on an NT4 SP6a).

Since I've performed a database defragmentation, and patched my NT4SP_4_
with the last MS01-033 patch (Code Red worm issue), the system
memory grows until the system _runs_ with "no more virtual memory"...

The system (and Exchange) stops responding and the last thing to do is to
reboot the system (last time, I had to press the on/off button since nothing
could be done!)

HELP PLEASE :-)))

I've call PSS but I think I will stand for us for a moment :-(

Sylvain

2. Outlook Can't Find C:\Program.exe

3. Store.exe keeps growing until no more physical memory available

4. Mixed Mode v. Native Mode

5. Store.exe leaking memory

6. OL98 & Exch srv 5.5 & language

7. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

8. OL97 can't see all contacts

9. Store.exe possible memory leak?

10. XADM: A Memory Leak in Store.exe Degrades Performance

11. STORE.EXE memory leaking

12. IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

13. store.exe memory leak