.ost from former exchange server unopenable....help!!

.ost from former exchange server unopenable....help!!

Post by adam » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:17:17

I have a client that used to be on an exchange server.
They no longer are at the coppany and were given an .ost
file to use for their e0-mail.  the machine crashed.
after re-instaling we cannot access the .ost file without
logging onto the exchange server once (not an option)( how
can I retrieve the e-mail?

Please help this is a really big problem for her.

Thanks in advance

Adam

.ost from former exchange server unopenable....help!!

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:26:39

Unfortunately OST files are not portable. They are associated with a
specific mail profile. You cannot move them another profile. You should have
given the user a PST file.
There is a tool available that can convert an OST to a PST, but its not
cheap.
http://officerecovery.com/exchange/index.htm

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> I have a client that used to be on an exchange server.