store.exe memory leak

store.exe memory leak

Post by Michael Ben » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 06:44:23



Hi all

Anyone have any idea's of why the process "store.exe"
starts with low memory use (in our case around 15MB) and
slowly grows to over 250MB during the course of a week.  I
have to stop and restart information store to free
memory.  Our server is Dell PowerEdge SC1400 Dual 1GB and
has 512MB of total RAM.

Cheers

Mike

 
 
 

store.exe memory leak

Post by video2 » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:13:13


Please check previous posts on this subject.  Hopefully this is a MS Bug and
will be fixed soon.  We've been comparing configurations and although
different, many people are having the same problem.


Quote:> Hi all

> Anyone have any idea's of why the process "store.exe"
> starts with low memory use (in our case around 15MB) and
> slowly grows to over 250MB during the course of a week.  I
> have to stop and restart information store to free
> memory.  Our server is Dell PowerEdge SC1400 Dual 1GB and
> has 512MB of total RAM.

> Cheers

> Mike


 
 
 

store.exe memory leak

Post by David Ruschine » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:27:33


It sounds like normal behaviour for Store.exe .
It needs heaps of memory.

You should consider adding RAM and virtual Memory. VM size should be at
least same size as ram.

HTH

DR


> Please check previous posts on this subject.  Hopefully this is a MS Bug
and
> will be fixed soon.  We've been comparing configurations and although
> different, many people are having the same problem.



> > Hi all

> > Anyone have any idea's of why the process "store.exe"
> > starts with low memory use (in our case around 15MB) and
> > slowly grows to over 250MB during the course of a week.  I
> > have to stop and restart information store to free
> > memory.  Our server is Dell PowerEdge SC1400 Dual 1GB and
> > has 512MB of total RAM.

> > Cheers

> > Mike

 
 
 

store.exe memory leak

Post by howar » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 00:50:24


David,

I am among those that are impacted by IS size.  By hogging
the machine's available memory, this process brings other
(more important) processes to a slow crawl.  This is a
small site with maybe a few hundred emails per day so 1/2
gigabyte memory usage for this function should be
considered normal????  May be 'normal' but certainly far
from acceptable..

Howard

>-----Original Message-----
>It sounds like normal behaviour for Store.exe .
>It needs heaps of memory.

>You should consider adding RAM and virtual Memory. VM
size should be at
>least same size as ram.

>HTH

>DR



>> Please check previous posts on this subject.  Hopefully
this is a MS Bug
>and
>> will be fixed soon.  We've been comparing

configurations and although

- Show quoted text -

>> different, many people are having the same problem.



>> > Hi all

>> > Anyone have any idea's of why the process "store.exe"
>> > starts with low memory use (in our case around 15MB)
and
>> > slowly grows to over 250MB during the course of a
week.  I
>> > have to stop and restart information store to free
>> > memory.  Our server is Dell PowerEdge SC1400 Dual 1GB
and
>> > has 512MB of total RAM.

>> > Cheers

>> > Mike

>.

 
 
 

1. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

Hello everyone, I have what appears to be a serious problem.  I have a
server that is a dual processor box wth 2.0Ghz Xeon Processors, 1GB of RAM
and a buch of HDD Space in a RAID 5 Config.

Installed on this server I have IIS, Exchange 2000 and SQL 7.  All Server
apps have the newest Service Packs.  I have even applied all updates for
IIS.  The problem is IIS and Exchange (inetinfo.exe and STORE.exe) are
taking up an unusual amount of RAM and they continualy are increasing.
Currently they are at 345MB of RAM a piece.  I have seen exchange and SQL do
this before, but not IIS, so I am concerned.  I did have a virus on this
server before, but that has been cleaned up according to my best knowledge.
Does anyone have ANY suggsstions.

Thanks, Stewart

2. No NDR for undefined email address

3. STORE.EXE memory leaking

4. Mail Groups

5. IIS and STORE.exe Memory leak

6. exchange crash

7. IIS and STORE.exe memory leak

8. Information Store Back-Up using NT Back Up not working

9. Exchange 2000 store.exe memory leak

10. Store.exe Memory Leak?

11. store.exe memory leak

12. Suspect store.exe memory leak

13. STORE.EXE Memory Leak