Moving mailboxes between servers

Post by J » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:03:19

I need to move exchange 2000 sp3 from one server to the other at one of our
small offices, there are about 14 users currently using it, it's also the
DC.

After some research, I found this article
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxa.htm, it's based on Ed Crowley's
5.5 Exchange 2000 Move Server Method.

I'm currently staging this on two separate servers, when I got to this step:

9. Change the default Public Store for the existing Exchange server to the
new Exchange Server. This is done on the General tab of the Mailbox Store in
the Exchange System Manager. Once this change is completed all new public
folders created by users on this mailbox store will be created on the new
server. (Repeat this for each mailbox store defined).

Nothing happened, the mailboxes didn't replicate, I gave it a few hours, and
nothing. Should it have replicated the mailboxes instantly? Has anybody
tried this method? Is there a better method?

TIA

ivo

Moving mailboxes between servers

Post by Leif Pederse » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:55:12

Hi

you can't replicate the mailboxes - the only thing you can replicate are the
public folders.

The way to move the mailboxes from one server to another is by using active
directory users and computers. Rightclick a user whose mailbox you want to
move and select exchange tasks.

Remember also to follow the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917

Leif

1. Move mailboxes to server in another forest

I am running an evaluation copy of Exchange 200 Enterprise
server on a test server in a test forest.  I am going to
install Exchange 2000 server in another forest and need to
move the client information from the test environment to
the production invironment.  The tree and client names
will be the same.  What is the best way to move the
clients information from the old server to the new server?

2. Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4

3. move mailboxes between servers

4. Chat service documentation?

5. Moving mailboxes between servers

6. Exchange Logging with IP

7. bulletin board

8. Issues in moving mailboxes across servers

9. Trouble Moving Mailboxes between servers within a site

10. Moving mailboxes between servers at different sites

11. moving mailboxes between servers

12. MOVE MAILBOXES BETWEEN SERVERS