Extract data from Outlook public folders to SQL database

Extract data from Outlook public folders to SQL database

Post by Jane.Slark » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:26:48

I have a project using an Exchange 5.5 server which has data in several
public folders. These folders are populated/edited using several custom
forms (which make extensive use of 'user defined fields').

I want to extract all of this information in the forms (both Outlook fields
and user defined fields) into a SQL server database).

Before I start reinventing the wheel I thought I would ask if anyone has
done this before??? Are there any utilities out there that do it or did you
hand code it yourself using VB for example?

Thanks

Jane

Extract data from Outlook public folders to SQL database

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

You might find the links and samples listed at
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/customimport.htm usefule.

--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> I have a project using an Exchange 5.5 server which has data in several
> public folders. These folders are populated/edited using several custom
> forms (which make extensive use of 'user defined fields').

> I want to extract all of this information in the forms (both Outlook
fields
> and user defined fields) into a SQL server database).

> Before I start reinventing the wheel I thought I would ask if anyone has
> done this before??? Are there any utilities out there that do it or did
you
> hand code it yourself using VB for example?

> Thanks

> Jane

1. Extracting data from SQL into Exchange Shared Public Folder

I have a SQL database that contains our company
customer/supplier contacts.  Instead of me adding the SQL
contacts to an Outlook/Exchange shared contacts/public
folder manually - is there a way to pull the data from the
SQL database into the shared contacts list/public folder
so that any changes I make to the contacts in SQL will be
reflected in the Outlook shared contacts list/public
folder and also vice versa?

any help is much appreciated

cheers

- ras -

2. Can't create a new Public Folder

3. Extract Calendar data from Exchange 2K to MS Access or SQL

4. OWA Forms

5. A copy of all outgoing mails to the admin

6. Directory Import

7. Using an SQL database to populate Public Address Books w/Outlook Clients

8. Extracting data from corrupt database.

9. accessing data in Exchange Databases with ODBC or SQL

10. Link to SQL Server from outlook public folder

11. Link to SQL Server from Outlook public folder?