Duplicate messages

Post by Alex B » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:15:28

Hello!

We have a situation when Outlook user receives pair of message from another
local exchange 2000 domain user. One message comes over mapi and another
comes over pop3.
What do we have to change for local users not to get pair of messages - I
think we have to disable either smtp/pop3 or mapi on client or sever. What
is correct to disable and how we can do this?

--
Thanks and Regards,
      A L X

Duplicate messages

Post by John Eddy [MS » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:02:45

Quote:> Hello!

> We have a situation when Outlook user receives pair of message from another
> local exchange 2000 domain user. One message comes over mapi and another
> comes over pop3.
> What do we have to change for local users not to get pair of messages - I
> think we have to disable either smtp/pop3 or mapi on client or sever. What
> is correct to disable and how we can do this?

Alex,

When you say one comes over MAPI, the other over POP3, does this client
have both a POP3 service and a MAPI service in the profile pointing at
the same mailbox?  If yes, then its working the way it should.  Remove
one of the services.

John Eddy
Exchange Communities PM
--
Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

1. Remote user getting duplicate messages

I have a remote user that is getting multiple copies of e-mail delivered to
his personal folder on his laptop. When Exchange client dials into the
server it picks up new messages and messages he has already received. They
do not show up highlighted when he receives them the second time. He's been
a good user for 1-1/2 years I don't want to have to shoot him :-) .  What
can I do to help him.

Hope (springs eternal) Schlais

2. Replace Exchange 2000 Server

3. IMS Sends duplicate message

4. E2k - How do u Assign Users to Manage Dist. Groups?

5. Duplicate messages when forwarding to Custom recipient

6. Exchange server 2000 not giving right click menu

7. Duplicate Messages Received in Exchange 2k/Outlook 2k

8. 5.7.1 Relaying denied B/C of incorrect domain resolution??

9. Receiving duplicate messages

10. Duplicate Messages

11. Exchange Server 2000 - unwanted duplicate messages - help with settings

12. Duplicate Messages

13. Duplicate message