repeating emails

Post by Sam » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 00:53:08

I am experiencing repeating inbound emails with several
users.  This is only happening when my users receive mail
from certain people.  Can anyone help?

1. Dot Stuffed, repeated emails

We are running Exchange server 2000 on windows 2000.  When
dealing with 1 particular company, any email they send to
us keeps coming in to us.  I have contacted their IT
depatment and they say it is a problem with our server.
According to them, it has to do with RFC 822 dot stuffed.
Blank lines in the email have 2 periods instead of one,
this causes our server to not respond with a reive
status.  So their server keeps retrying to resend.  They
are using a linux server with Praetor email server or
something like that.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  I cant find
anything but I find it a hard to believe reason...
-Anthony

2. Spam, 5.5SP1, and Option Explanations - Plus Tracking?

3. Repeated email from external users

4. SMTP STAT

5. exchange 2003 setup /Forestprep fails

6. Repeated emails

7. event viewer errors

8. Repeating Emails from Outside our Exchange Environment

9. Receiving repeated emails

10. repeating emails

11. Repeating email

12. Repeating Email