forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Toufic Abr » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Dear Sir,
We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the office
and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
internally and forbid it
externally).
And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
managing Director
or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

any sug?

Thanks

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Rick Spiewa » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

There is little point in this approach. A knowledgeable user can always
encode any file and insert it into a message.

>Dear Sir,
>We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
>Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the office
>and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
>limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
>internally and forbid it
>externally).
>And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
>managing Director
>or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

>any sug?

>Thanks

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Rodney Wes » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

The only reasonable appraoch would be to limit the size of outgoing email
which can be easily done or to limit where outogiong email can be sent to.
Limiting attachments is useless becasue users can simply insert the text
into the message body.

>Dear Sir,
>We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
>Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the office
>and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
>limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
>internally and forbid it
>externally).
>And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
>managing Director
>or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

>any sug?

>Thanks

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Petter Takolande » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

You can't do that in the product, as far as I know.
Any other suggestions ?

Petter Takolander
Cornerstone Sweden AB

>Dear Sir,
>We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
>Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the office
>and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
>limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
>internally and forbid it
>externally).
>And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
>managing Director
>or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

>any sug?

>Thanks

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Toufic Abr » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Sure any user can insert a text into the messaage but he can not insert a
formula
like excel into the mail or any kind of database eng. into body mail
anyway i think it's very important issue for MS to resolve this problem

Thanks for all
if anybody know can you send me the answer via e-mail

>The only reasonable appraoch would be to limit the size of outgoing email
>which can be easily done or to limit where outogiong email can be sent to.
>Limiting attachments is useless becasue users can simply insert the text
>into the message body.

>>Dear Sir,
>>We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
>>Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the
office
>>and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
>>limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
>>internally and forbid it
>>externally).
>>And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
>>managing Director
>>or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

>>any sug?

>>Thanks

forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

A user can insert any type of file by encoding it with a MIME or UUENCODE
tool first, then inserting the resulting text into the e-mail message. Excel
files? Sure. Database files? No problem.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

>Sure any user can insert a text into the messaage but he can not insert a
>formula
>like excel into the mail or any kind of database eng. into body mail
>anyway i think it's very important issue for MS to resolve this problem

>Thanks for all
>if anybody know can you send me the answer via e-mail

>>The only reasonable appraoch would be to limit the size of outgoing email
>>which can be easily done or to limit where outogiong email can be sent to.
>>Limiting attachments is useless becasue users can simply insert the text
>>into the message body.

>>>Dear Sir,
>>>We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
>>>Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the
>office
>>>and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
>>>limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
>>>internally and forbid it
>>>externally).
>>>And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
>>>managing Director
>>>or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

>>>any sug?

>>>Thanks

1. forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

Dear Sir,
We're using Exch. Server 5.5 with Outlook 97 on client PCs.
Can I forbid the users from sending any attached File to outside the office
and restrict it only to internal mail IMS. (Knowing that I dont want to
limit the message size. I just want to be able to send any document
internally and forbid it
externally).
And I want to be by user or group not for all IMS and the reason is some
managing Director
or Vice-president must be sending an attachment file outside the office.

any sug?

Thanks

2. Undeliverable mail auto-response

3. Exchange is acting very erratic behind new firewall

4. Deleting all calendar entries or Deleting and Recreating Calendar

5. MS Exchange - How can I share Address Lists ???

6. forbid any attached files to send outside the office

7. Letting POP3 users who authenticate send email from outside the office

8. How to prevent user send an attach file more than the storage limit given

9. How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

10. Want a group users to send e-mail only to this group of users