List Order Contacts in Outlook 2000

Post by Christian Weilan » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:47:57

Hi,

I have a very silly issue to solve:

We set up a public folder to hold all external email addresses.
If this folder is viewed with outlook, all is fine; the display order is
LastName, FirstName Company.

But if I write a new email and I put a destination address with the window
"Select Names", is this window displaying the recipients always in the order
FirstName, LastName. Company is missing. How can you customize this window
permantly and maybe ADS wide to list the recipients like LastName, FirstName
Company?

Regards
cjw

List Order Contacts in Outlook 2000

Post by Christian Weilan » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:02:09

Ok, Ok,

we found it.

Services, Oulook Addressbook, restart outlook...

I knew it was silly...<s>

regards
cjw

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a very silly issue to solve:

> We set up a public folder to hold all external email addresses.
> If this folder is viewed with outlook, all is fine; the display order is
> LastName, FirstName Company.

> But if I write a new email and I put a destination address with the window
> "Select Names", is this window displaying the recipients always in the
order
> FirstName, LastName. Company is missing. How can you customize this window
> permantly and maybe ADS wide to list the recipients like LastName,
FirstName
> Company?

> Regards
> cjw

1. Help: Ordering Outlook contacts list

Can someone help me out by suggestion a way in which I can order my contacts
from Outlook address book by surname when looking up names for an e-mail
message.
I am particularly thinking of the case where you go:

 Compose|New Message, and then click the To... button to display contacts

Please direct any suggestions to my e-mail

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------
Julian Bright
BrightSpark Technologies

-----------------------------

2. Can't add new mail address, please help

3. How to move contact list b/w msft.outlook and exchange 2000 server owa contact

4. Connect to exchange server

5. Contact Lists - Exchange 2000/Outlook

6. best practices for Event Sink & folder ownerships?

7. Exchange/Outlook 2000 contact list's

8. Exchange (Key Management Server)

9. How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list to Exchange 2000

10. Outlook 2000 Contact List

11. Cannot Get Contact List From Exchange In Outlook 2000

12. Sharing an Outlook Contact List with a network using Exchange Server 2000

13. Display Order in Outlook for contacts