How many AD schema changes does Exchange make on installation

How many AD schema changes does Exchange make on installation

Post by Henry Allswort » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Looking for info regarding the number of schema changes does Exchange 2000
make
when installed?  Trying to do some planning based on some tight WAN links.

Thanks
Henry

How many AD schema changes does Exchange make on installation

Post by Alexander G. Paol » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Henry,

Quite a few if I'm not mistaken. It also heavily uses the GC and will assign
each Exchange Client (outlook) to use the GC directly to reduce the amount
of Tree Walks they will have to do per look up. (i.e. Address books etc).

So in a tight wan environment, I would suggest you place a GC on the other
side as well. You can specifically tell exchange what GC to use, or allow
DNS to determine the best choice via SRV records.

There are numerous posts in win2000.active_directory that talk about GC's
AD's etc.

To the direct answer of your question: I don't know exactly, but I would
have to say several hundred ?

Good Luck

--
Alexander G. Paoli
VP Technology, Senior Network Architect

Quote:> Looking for info regarding the number of schema changes does Exchange 2000
> make
> when installed?  Trying to do some planning based on some tight WAN links.

> Thanks
> Henry

How many AD schema changes does Exchange make on installation

Post by jan vd ber » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

E2K does 2044 Schema changes, of which 855 are new attributes and 158 are
new classes. The ADC does 408 changes.
Jan.