Newsfeed

Post by sergio castr » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I configured a newsfeed on my exchange server, and was able to veiw the
newsgroup folders.
When I open Outlook I can see the folder, but there is nothing in them.
This happens for every newsgroup I try to subscribe too.   I can setup the
newsgroup thru outlook express and it work fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.......

Newsfeed

Post by Richard Rile » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Try running instimes.exe (on the Exchange CD utils directory) to backfill
some messages into your newsfeeds.

Cheers,
Richard.

Quote:> I configured a newsfeed on my exchange server, and was able to veiw the
> newsgroup folders.
> When I open Outlook I can see the folder, but there is nothing in them.
> This happens for every newsgroup I try to subscribe too.   I can setup the
> newsgroup thru outlook express and it work fine.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction.

> Thanks in advance.......

Newsfeed

Post by Steve Spiele » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to setup a Newsfeed as well. I have Exchange 5.5 SP3. I can
setup a Newsfeed in the Exchange Administrator, but the newsfeed folder does
not get populated with messages. I have also tried the instimes.exe. That
did not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
TIA,
Steve

> Try running instimes.exe (on the Exchange CD utils directory) to backfill
> some messages into your newsfeeds.

> Cheers,
> Richard.

> > I configured a newsfeed on my exchange server, and was able to veiw the
> > newsgroup folders.
> > When I open Outlook I can see the folder, but there is nothing in them.
> > This happens for every newsgroup I try to subscribe too.   I can setup
the
> > newsgroup thru outlook express and it work fine.

> > Can anyone point me in the right direction.

> > Thanks in advance.......

1. Download Newsfeeds

How do I tell Exchange Server to download all available USENET newsfeeds
from my USENET News provider that I pull newsgroup messages from?  Right now
I have successfully downloaded the listing of all available newsgroups and
subscribed to 5 different ones.  No messages are ever downloaded from
provider's news server into Exchange Server.

What must I do to retrieve and send newsgroup messages out to the Internet?

Thank you.

Jason

2. forwarding only one mailbox in 5.5?

3. Newsfeed requiring Logon

4. Exchange user policy

5. Newsfeed / Newsgroup setup in exchange server 5.5

6. Can you install Exchange interprise server on a windows 2000 server?

7. exchange server 5.5 newsfeed

8. How to set auto-reply for individual user? Please Help.

9. OE to read Newsfeed

10. Newsfeed / Newsgroup setup in exchange server 5.5

11. Setting Outbound newsfeed port in Exchange 5.5

12. The question about Newsfeed on exchange

13. Newsfeeds problem