Exchange Scripting agent to run Excel

Post by Gudjon Sigurdsso » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm trying to let my TestAgent run Excel.
It creates a Excel process (seen in task manager).
But thats about it. It just hangs there doing nothing.
I have to use kill -f <PID> to terminate it.

I use CreateObject("Excel.Application") to create the instance.
Then I make it visible.
It's not suppose to be complicated.
The same code snippet works with VBScript thru Outlook.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a clue.

Thanks in advance,
Gudjon

Exchange Scripting agent to run Excel

Post by Christopher Kozbia » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am not sure, but I think that server side scripts can not interact
with user desktop.
Don't make Excel visible and try doing whatever you want to do.

1. Starting Excel in Event agent script

I probably just being stupid on this one and can't see the forest for the
trees but it has stumped me.  I am trying to open and read values from an
Excel spreadsheet in an event script. I am using the following code, (it's
crude I know)

 Dim xlApp
 Dim xlWorkbook
 Dim nEmpNum
 Dim strWeekEnd

 on error resume next
 WriteToLog "Got here" & Err.Number & Err.Description
 Set xlApp=CreateObject("Excel.Application")
 WriteToLog "Excel Open" & Err.Number & Err.Description
 Set xlWorkbook=GetObject(strTSName)
 WriteToLog "Workbook open" & Err.Number & Err.Description
 xlApp.displayalerts=false
 xlWorkbook.parent.windows(xlWorkBook.name).visible=True
 WriteToLog "reading ranges" & Err.Number & Err.Description
 nEmpNum=xlWorkbook.activesheet.range("r10").value
 strWeekEnd=xlWorkbook.activesheet.range("r9").value
 WriteToLog "*" & nEmpNum & "*" & strWeekEnd & "*"
 xlWorkbook.close
 set xlWorkbook=nothing
 set xlApp=nothing

The 'Set xlApp' line generates a 70 error(Permission Denied).  The rest of
the script is working.  What permissions is it talking about?

2. Organising custom recipients

3. Setting a time interval below 15 minutes for the agent script to run

4. Can Admins Read my Mails?

5. Agent script is not running

6. change recipient container

7. Error running event script agent (0x80040605) occurred in an IExchangeEventSink

8. sending email outside off the domain

9. No rights to run Run CleanUp Agent on Exchange 2000

10. scripting agent script no longer working

11. Server Scripting Agent: How to connect with database, Script.Response

12. PerlScript as Scripting Agent Script in 5.5?