Recipient policy question

Post by alen Stime » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:56:33

I have one question about recipient policy.

I tried to make an now policy with diferent SMTP addres for users that have
diferent SMTP addresses in our company.

I made the recipient policy like these:
The LDAP querry  mache the company filed named "Company1"
(i can browse the users with that company in the find now box)

but then i'm looking the AD the e-mail field is not changing....why ?

(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(msExchHomeServerName=/O=ATLANTA
/OU=CENTER/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SML02))(objectCategory=group) )))(
objectCategory=user)(company=Company1*)))

Recipient policy question

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:10:31

give us the exact text of your LDAP query.

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  & Consultant, Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> I have one question about recipient policy.

> I tried to make an now policy with diferent SMTP addres for users that
have
> diferent SMTP addresses in our company.

> I made the recipient policy like these:
> The LDAP querry  mache the company filed named "Company1"
> (i can browse the users with that company in the find now box)

> but then i'm looking the AD the e-mail field is not changing....why ?

> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(msExchHomeServerName=/O=ATLANTA
/OU=CENTER/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SML02))(objectCategory=group) )))(
Quote:> objectCategory=user)(company=Company1*)))

Recipient policy question

Post by alen Stime » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:29:53

The problem is actualy these:

e have installed exchange 2000 in exchange 5.5. site. (in mixed mode)

I want to customize an Recipient policy so that the field COMPANY

Beacause exchange is in mixed mode there is another the recipient policy
named
like the 5.5. site with the highest prioroty.

I deffined a new recipient policy named company1 policy with priority one
and with LDAP querry on COMPANY starts with company1 (the querry finds the
recipients)
But the users don't get the new SMTP addresses.

I tried to lover the priority of policy named with the site name but it
didnt woked. the error message is:
(You cannot lower the priority of this recipient policy when server runing
Exchange 5.5 and earlier are using it.
ID no:C1039148)

guess beacause it's not possible to costmize the policy in mixed mode ?