Exchange Server computers hosting multiple domains

Exchange Server computers hosting multiple domains

Post by R Belfor » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:29:10

Can Exchange 2000 be used as a email solution for a web
hosting company hosting multiple domains?

Exchange Server computers hosting multiple domains

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:51:50

Here is an article that explains how to configure Exchange 2000 to handle
mail for multiple SMTP domains:
www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=593

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Can Exchange 2000 be used as a email solution for a web
> hosting company hosting multiple domains?

1. Message filtering doesn't work for exchange relay server(hosting multiple domains)

Hello,

Situation:
We are providing a exchange 5.5 sp3 backup e-mail server to our customers.
mail is always send to customers, except if their mailserver is down.
Then mail is send to our exchange server.
If their mailserver is brought up again, the mail queued at us is send to
them when
they send a ETRN command.
IMC mail routing is set to always relay for customer's domain.
Routing restrictions are set to "hosts and clients that successfully
authenticate.
Everything works fine , and relaying is not probhitted from internet.
Internet users can only send to customers domains

Question:
We want to do message filtering so that we can block unwanted e-mail send
from known spam domains.

Problem:
Users from internet can STILL send mass spam to our customers. (the
filtering doesn't work)

Is it possible that because whe are using the "always relay" option for this
domain, that setting overrides the message filtering ?

Or if not possible , any other suggestions ?

Thanx in advance,

2. Mass Email

3. Multiple Domains Hosted on One Exchange Server

4. IMC Slow Mail Delivery problem in X.SP4?

5. Message filtering doesn't work for exchange relay server(hosting multiple domains)

6. mailbox sizes

7. Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on your Exchange 2000 Server

8. Email failing to send

9. Hosting multiple domains on 1 E2K server

10. Hosting multiple email domains on one OWA 5.5 Server

11. Can one E2K server host multiple domains?

12. how can we host multiple domains in on e AD domain

13. 1 OWA server for multiple Exchange server in multiple domains