I have just upgraded to Exchange 5.5 and the SP from E5.0. I did not have
OWA installed before. Exchange runs on a different machine than our IIS 3.0
server with the latest ASP hotfix installed. I installed OWA on the web
server, and users can get to the logon screen just fine. They enter their
mailbox name, get the username/password challenge, and then, WITH NO ERROR,
IT SIMPLY RETURNS TO THE LOGON SCREEN. The user can enter their mailbox
name again, and this time, without asking for the name/password, it again
SIMPLY RETURNS TO THE LOGON SCREEN.
I did browse this newsgroup thoroughly, here is what I've done so far:
1) Made sure the latest (126.96.36.199) asp.dll is installed.
2) Made sure that the global.asp has that "\usa" instead of "%lang" thing..
3) Made sure that all domain users are set to log on locally.
4) Verified (and even reset) the HTTP and LDAP protocols in Exchange
5) Ensured that NT Challenge/Response was turned on as a W3 Service
6) Tried with different users/passwords (including using the
7) Rebooted clients and servers.
Since I don't get an error message and doesn't bring up 3 challenge boxes in
a row, I *think* I'm getting validated okay. But obviously I'm not getting
to the screen where I can actually read messages...
I'm fresh out of ideas... any help is greatly appreciated!