Seeing calendars in another Exch2K AD Forest

Seeing calendars in another Exch2K AD Forest

Post by Kelly Kauffma » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:39:46

We have our own Exchange 2000 server that resides in our
own AD domain within our own AD Forest.

Our users need to share as well as access calendars with
users on another Exch2K server that resides in a separate
forest.

Our research seems to indicate this isn't possible.

Does anyone know of a way to allow such access?

Thank you in advance

Seeing calendars in another Exch2K AD Forest

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:09:03

The best that you can do (without some possible 3rd party tools, I guess -
but not sure on that) is Free/Busy information sharing.

238573 XADM: Installing, Configuring, and Using the InterOrg Replication
Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238573

--
Sincerely,

Nino Bilic
MCSE+I, W2K MCSE, MCSA, A+
Microsoft Exchange Support

Find out about Strategic Technology Protection Program and get our Security
Toolkit! Go to http://www.microsoft.com/security .

> We have our own Exchange 2000 server that resides in our
> own AD domain within our own AD Forest.

> Our users need to share as well as access calendars with
> users on another Exch2K server that resides in a separate
> forest.

> Our research seems to indicate this isn't possible.

> Does anyone know of a way to allow such access?

> Thank you in advance

1. Migrate Exch2k/AD contacts to new Forest Exch2k/AD

What is the easiest way to bring several hundred Active
Directory - Mail enabled Contacts in specific OU's from
one Forest/Exch org to another?

I have read the ADMT 2.0 docs and the Exch Migration (sp3)
docs, used the LDIFDE and CSVDE in the past also.

The ADMT and Exch Migration tools talk very little about
Exch 2k -> Exch 2k interforest AD migration of just plain
old contacts.  I hate the LDIFDE/CSVDE import/export
utilities and the lacking documentation that exists to
explain the critical fields/values that are required and
thus thoes tools are just too powerful/complicated to
perform such a seemingly simple task.

Any suggestions - or what am I missing?

All I need is the contact's name and smtp email address
pushed across to my new AD Forest and in a specific OU.
Would be nice to keep the global groups that also organize
these contacts as well, but no necessary.

thanks in advance,

Dwayne

2. ExIPC error in application log

3. One Exch2K organization accross two AD forests

4. How to configure Outbound SMTP to use one server?

5. Replicating GAL between EXCH2K Forests

6. Bypass SMTP Outgoing

7. installing second exch2k server on a second domain of forest fails

8. SMTP Connection over a minute??? Does any one have this problem?

9. Multiple Exchange 2k sites and AD Forests

10. AD between two forests

11. Another Exch 5.5/2000 Sites in different AD Forest issue

12. Remove AD from forest root

13. How to move E2K between 2 AD Forests?