Changing time only helps if it's done before installing the trial kit.
Better is to download the fix as described below:
Download the compressed setup file appropriate for the
server for your hardware platform. Select the
appropriate files as indicated by the following list:
Alpha AXP(TM) EVALSTRA.EXE
1. Download appropriate file to a temporary location on the
servers local hard drive.
Example: English version for the Intel platform will be located at :
2. Unzip the file by typing the file name of the self-extracting archive
at the command prompt.
Example: The version for the Intel platform will be EVALSTRI.EXE.
3. Stop the Microsoft Exchange Information Store Service.
4. Go to the Exchange servers Bin directory Example: c:\exchsrvr\bin\.
5. Rename the old file STORE.EXE to STORE.BAK.
6. Copy the new STORE.EXE into the Exchange servers Bin directory.
7. Restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store Service.
If you have the Exchange symbols installed, replace the STORE.DBG files
with the newer version in the <systemroot>\symbols directory.
Q193485: XADM: Exchange Server 5.5 120-Day Evaluation Copy Expiring
Arthur Daley schrieb in Nachricht
>This is probably a stupid question but....
>I'm setting up Exchange 5.5 in a test enviroment on a NT4 server with NT4
>workstation clients. The installation appears to have worked fine, but my
>problem is with the clients.
>The clients connect to the mailbox, and retrieve the address books, but
>I attempt to send a message the message just sits in the Outbox.
>Where do I go from here?