e2k is completely ignoring default recipient policy

Post by Todd Hildebran » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:55:00

Win2ksp3 exchange2k with sp3 and rollup package.
Everything was working fine until rollup was applied last
week. My default recipient policy is apparently being

default recipient policy) all addresses where changed to

From: field of emails contained wrong address.
Corrected and turned off 'apply policy to email address'
on the users accounts to keep the address from being
changed. Thought I would reboot machine for good measure.
Afterwards no mail is delivered to anyone. We can still
send mail out but all incoming mail and internal mail is
sent through smtp connector and then placed in "unresolved
address queue". I completely reloaded the machine today
with Win2k and E2k but problem apparently is in AD.
Anyone....Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

Thank You

e2k is completely ignoring default recipient policy

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:05:30

Do you have more than one recipient policy?

> Win2ksp3 exchange2k with sp3 and rollup package.
> Everything was working fine until rollup was applied last
> week. My default recipient policy is apparently being

> default recipient policy) all addresses where changed to

> From: field of emails contained wrong address.
> Corrected and turned off 'apply policy to email address'
> on the users accounts to keep the address from being
> changed. Thought I would reboot machine for good measure.
> Afterwards no mail is delivered to anyone. We can still
> send mail out but all incoming mail and internal mail is
> sent through smtp connector and then placed in "unresolved
> address queue". I completely reloaded the machine today
> with Win2k and E2k but problem apparently is in AD.
> Anyone....Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

> Thank You

e2k is completely ignoring default recipient policy

Post by Todd Hildebran » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:53:48

I've now added another policy which is identical to the
default policy just to see what would happen. E2k ignores

I've never created a policy that defined this address so I
have no idea where it's coming from.

1. E2K: SMTP Ignoring Recipient Policy?

I am having a tough time preventing relaying while at the same time
accepting appropriate mail.  Inbound mail addressed to the primary
domain flows fine, but mail to the other domains does not.

There is a single e2k server, and multiple domains are set up in the
local dns, with A & MX records pointing to the local host.  The
recipient policy is to accept mail from the domains.  I have smtp & the
connectors configured as specified in MS's recommended e2k inet setup
at http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/e2kinternetconfig.htm,
whereby there are 2 virtual smtp servers, the internal allowing relay
and the external disallowing relay and so on.

The problem is that inbound mail for domains other than the primary get
the following message on an smtp connection to the external smtp svc:

It appears as though the smtp server is ignoring the recipient policy.

Strange Behavior: when specifying any of the secondary domains as
primary in the Recipient Policy, smtp accepts mail for BOTH the *true*
primary and the newly specified primary.

My apologies for the nitty gritty detail.

My thanks to those who can shed light on this dreary and frustrating
situation.

-jb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Recovery after server crash / rebuild

3. Default Policy In Recipients Policy

4. Global Free/Busy schedule settings? Where are they?

5. SMTP Ignoring Recipient Policy?

6. Mark messages unread...

7. IGNORE - Alternative Recipient in E2K?

8. Code Page Problem

9. E2k default policy

10. No AD connection after removing default email suffix from recipient policy

11. Recipient Default Policy won't work

12. The default recipient policy cannot be found

13. 1033 default recipient policy not found