help!!! I can not do any transport !

Post by cherr » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:43:01

Hello,Huys:
I made a mistake ,remove the IIS Server from Win
advanced 2000 Server, it affact the my Exchange 2000
Server ,now, I reinstall the IIS Server, but Exchange
2000 has problem, I can run this EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER,
but I can not transport(send and receive email),
in the Windows advanced 2000 server, I can not start
POP3 Service, how to fix this problem?
help me !!!

thank you so much

help!!! I can not do any transport !

Post by warre » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:15:21

do you have a default web site?? if not add a new web and
it will fix your problem...maybe
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,Huys:
>I made a mistake ,remove the IIS Server from Win
>advanced 2000 Server, it affact the my Exchange 2000
>Server ,now, I reinstall the IIS Server, but Exchange
>2000 has problem, I can run this EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER,
>but I can not transport(send and receive email),
>in the Windows advanced 2000 server, I can not start
>POP3 Service, how to fix this problem?
>help me !!!

>thank you so much

>.

help!!! I can not do any transport !

Post by Angela Kell » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:42:03

If you uninstalled IIS, you must first reinstall IIS (which it looks like
you already did), making sure to select both SMTP and NNTP.  It is essential
that you reinstall Exchange after you do this, as the Exchange setup
installs additional functionality to SMTP.

Quote:> Hello,Huys:
> I made a mistake ,remove the IIS Server from Win
> advanced 2000 Server, it affact the my Exchange 2000
> Server ,now, I reinstall the IIS Server, but Exchange
> 2000 has problem, I can run this EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER,
> but I can not transport(send and receive email),
> in the Windows advanced 2000 server, I can not start
> POP3 Service, how to fix this problem?
> help me !!!

> thank you so much

1. SMTP not working- No transport provider......Help!

Hi,

Since installing eTrust InoculateIT6.0 yesterday on my local workstation, I
have not been able to send external e-mails. This goes for the 30 odd users
around. Only a handful of people have been upgraded to the new antivirus
software, so I can't say that it is the software. The problem is that
whenever anyone sends an external e-mail,it will bounce back right away with
an Undeliverable message. I am running SBS4.5 with Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K
workstations. Everything has been going on beautifully until now.
I spoke to my ISP who insists that it is a software problem and I have
spoken to the support at CA who insist that it is an ISP problem! Can anyone
please tell me what is going on?
I suspect that it is Exchange as the undeliverable message comes back to
quickly. Our internal e-mails go through Exchange but to access our Internet
e-mail, it goes through our ISP( which means that if I need to set-up an new
e-mail address, I need to ring up my ISP and have them set it up from there
end)
I could really use some help right now as I now have had outgoing e-mails
down for over a day. The funny thing is that we can receive external e-mails
but just can't send them.
I also noticed on the Exchange Server that there was a Site Addressing icon
with a modified date of yesterday which was about the time that this all
happened, but I had not even gone near the Server.

Look forward to a response ASAP.

thanks

Mil

2. historique de dossiers consult├ęs

3. Canned Exchange Quota Messages and how to change

4. STMP problem...can't send email to external addresses without authenication

5. Canned Messages

6. Outlook Express 5 can not login to Exchange 5.5 using POP3

7. Canned/Custom MSExchange Reports

8. do not deliver before function

9. Mailbox limit canned message

10. Canning the Job

11. CDO- Container Renderer not doing descending sort

12. mailbox manager not doing anything

13. Return-Receipt-To: not done