OWA logon - no domain required

Post by Fred » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:59:38

Our Exchange 5.5 OWA is setup so that you only get the user name and
password box (no domain imput needed).  Is there a way to setup Exchange
2000 OWA the same way?

OWA logon - no domain required

Post by Cary Shult » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 06:19:05

Absolutely.

You need to enter the Default Domain ( please use the
NetBIOS name for this ).

Here is how:

Open up Exchange System Manager
Open Up "Administrative Group"
Open up "NAME" - whatever your AG is called
Open up "Servers"
Open up "Server name" - whatever the Exchange Server is...
Open up "Protocols"
Open up "HTTP"
Open up "Exchange Virtual Server"
Right Click "EXCHANGE" and select Properties
Click on the ACCESS tab
Click on the AUTHENTICATION button
Under "Basic Authentication" enter the NetBIOS name

I do this for each server in the AG.

HTH,

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Our Exchange 5.5 OWA is setup so that you only get the
user name and
>password box (no domain imput needed).  Is there a way to
setup Exchange
>2000 OWA the same way?

>.

OWA logon - no domain required

Post by Cary Shult » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 16:21:38

Fred,

In my haste I forgot to mention that in addition to adding
the NetBIOS name in the Sub-Folder EXCHANGE you need to
add the NetBIOS name in the Sub-Folder PUBLIC.  Otherwise
you will be prompted for the blasted
username/password/domain pop up AS WELL AS the Public
Folders not being available....

Sorry.

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Our Exchange 5.5 OWA is setup so that you only get the
user name and
>password box (no domain imput needed).  Is there a way to
setup Exchange
>2000 OWA the same way?

>.

1. OWA-logon required before logon screen appears

Hello,

Somehow, in taking care of the "Your password is about to expire in 0 days"
error, OWA is now requiring users to provide logon credentials BEFORE the
logon.asp appears, which pretty much defeats the purpose of annonymous access to
public folders.  To fix the password expiring problem, I changed the password for
IUSR_machinename in all of its' locations, as per Q236909, which did get rid of
the problem, only to give me this new one.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how I might fix it will be greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Terilyn

2. Exchange server is receiving thousands of email

3. OWA requires user to logon each time they open a message

4. Outlook ... can't install fax service

5. OWA requires second logon

6. donldng steps

7. OWA logon error. Cannot open OWA logon webpage

8. Log files of files that go through Exchange Server

9. OWA Front-End username requires domain

10. OWA access requires Administrator and Domain Admins permission to work

11. OWA requiring a domain name

12. OWA requires Domain name when logging on