Link to public folders in HTML??

Post by Thomas Karlss » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to have a link to a public folder in a HTML-document?
We're running 5.0 SP1 but not using OWA. Is it possible with OWA? Is it
possible to use OWA strictly to publish public folders, not mailboxes?

/Thomas

Link to public folders in HTML??

Post by Ian Morris » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This is an example of a public folder published to HTML
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.asp?target=faq/wshfaq.asp?prmMode=disp...

Regards,
Ian Morrish
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSHFAQ
http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
http://www.glazier.co.nz

>Is it possible to have a link to a public folder in a HTML-document?
>We're running 5.0 SP1 but not using OWA. Is it possible with OWA? Is it
>possible to use OWA strictly to publish public folders, not mailboxes?

>/Thomas

Link to public folders in HTML??

Post by Terry Beaver » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Yes, OWA provide sthis capability natively. To restrict OWA to public
folders,  you could remove the logon section out of logon.asp (leaving only
the Public Folders access), use logonfrm.asp as your default startup page,
or better use http://yourserver/exchange/root.asp?acs=anon as the link to
public folders. Keep in mind that only the public folders you select will be
available on the web - not the entire hierarchy.

This doesn't strictly prevent the use of the mailbox functionality, it just
removes the entry point to that functionality.

PS  Thanks, Ian! I wasn't aware of that wsh forum. Since I use wsh quite a
bit, I'll check this out.

Terry Beavers
USF IT/TAA