ghost SMTP addresses, try to add SMTP to usr obj but it says exist already

ghost SMTP addresses, try to add SMTP to usr obj but it says exist already

Post by Mike Bake » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:07:31

I am trying to add a SMTP address manually to 20 users, but i got a problem.

I removed the mbx's to these users about a week ago, then I mail enabled
them again. (stupid bus. requirement - yes, then no, then yes)

now i cannot add the correct primary SMTP address because it states it
exists elsewhere in the AD Directory.

I have done an advanced search on the AD attribute email address.  but have
found nothing.

I have tried to look through the Email (other) attribute,  but I'm not sure
how to do a "field contains" search.  short of using LDAP script (anyone got
one)

can anyone shed anylight on this.

is it because of TOMBSTONE?

cheers

mike

ghost SMTP addresses, try to add SMTP to usr obj but it says exist already

Post by mike bake » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:50:51

4 get it,  used adsi edit to search 4 address using endswith

Quote:> I am trying to add a SMTP address manually to 20 users, but i got a
problem.

> I removed the mbx's to these users about a week ago, then I mail enabled
> them again. (stupid bus. requirement - yes, then no, then yes)

> now i cannot add the correct primary SMTP address because it states it
> exists elsewhere in the AD Directory.

> I have done an advanced search on the AD attribute email address.  but
have
> found nothing.

> I have tried to look through the Email (other) attribute,  but I'm not
sure
> how to do a "field contains" search.  short of using LDAP script (anyone
got
> one)

> can anyone shed anylight on this.

> is it because of TOMBSTONE?

> cheers

> mike

1. Trying to add an already existing alias email address

Hi!

We are running Exchange 2000 Enterprise with SP2

I am trying to add an alias email address of user account
#1 to user account #2.  I am getting an error that won't
allow this because this email address already exists. I
want to be able to continue receiving email for user
account #1 and then eventually disable this account.

Does anyone have any work arounds???

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks Connie

2. email forwarding/redirecting

3. Swap the default smtp address with an existing secondary smtp address for all recipients

4. OWA problems once inside Ex5.5

5. Adding Internet Address Says It Exists.

6. Exchange Server Admin

7. How to add SMTP add to ur existing accts

8. Checksum Mismatch After Defrag'ing Exchange 2000 - HELP!

9. SMTP - address already in use!

10. IMPORTING EMAIL ALAISES or i should say Email Smtp addresses

11. Ghost Duplicate SMTP Address in ORG

12. adding a new SMTP gateway to existing gateway

13. How to add SMTP to existing Exchange 2000 server