Internet Email appears as Post in Public Folder

Internet Email appears as Post in Public Folder

Post by Sandy Proesc » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:08:45

Before we upgraded to Exchange 2000, we had a public folder that collected
email from a state agency.  The users with permissions to this folder liked
the fact that the email came in with the message format so they could add
priorities, forwarding, etc.

Since we upgraded to Exchange 2000, all messages arriving in this folder
come in as posts.  I can't seem to find a way to change this or to create a
new public folder that will accept the message format from internet mail.

Any ideas?  Thanks.
--Sandy

Internet Email appears as Post in Public Folder

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:16:48

Hi Sandy

This is a known issue and Siegfried Weber has created an SMTP Event Sink
that will resolve this for you, you can download the Event Sink by clicking
on the link below:
http://www.cdolive.net/download/StoreEvent-ChangeMessageClass.zip

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Before we upgraded to Exchange 2000, we had a public folder that collected
> email from a state agency.  The users with permissions to this folder
liked
> the fact that the email came in with the message format so they could add
> priorities, forwarding, etc.

> Since we upgraded to Exchange 2000, all messages arriving in this folder
> come in as posts.  I can't seem to find a way to change this or to create
> new public folder that will accept the message format from internet mail.

> Any ideas?  Thanks.
> --Sandy

Internet Email appears as Post in Public Folder

Post by Sandy Proesc » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 06:23:36

Thanks.  Are there instructions on how to use it?

> Hi Sandy

> This is a known issue and Siegfried Weber has created an SMTP Event Sink
> that will resolve this for you, you can download the Event Sink by
clicking
> on the link below:
> http://www.cdolive.net/download/StoreEvent-ChangeMessageClass.zip

> Hope this helps

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.msexchange.org
> Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

> > Before we upgraded to Exchange 2000, we had a public folder that
collected
> > email from a state agency.  The users with permissions to this folder
> liked
> > the fact that the email came in with the message format so they could
add
> > priorities, forwarding, etc.

> > Since we upgraded to Exchange 2000, all messages arriving in this folder
> > come in as posts.  I can't seem to find a way to change this or to
create
> > new public folder that will accept the message format from internet
mail.

> > Any ideas?  Thanks.
> > --Sandy

1. SMTP mail to public folder appears as Post

I have 2 mail-enabled public folders in a new Exchange 2K
org.  SMTP mail delivered to these folders appears as a
Post item instead of a mail message, which is what it
needs to appear as.  Internal mail sent to the same
location appears correctly (as a mail item).  How do I
change?

2. X.400?????

3. Messages to public folders appear as post

4. Event ID 101

5. Using a public folder for emails, changing from post to email

6. Retrieve emails from exchange

7. Post to public folder shows Internet ID for from line

8. Private Meeting with Confernecing Server

9. Message from internet to public folder shows up as Post not message

10. Public Folders Receive Internet E-mail as a Post

11. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )