Free/Busy

Post by Steve Barnet » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I can force the update of a users free/busy time at the
server  ?

We all work remote to our Exchange server machine and update calendars using
Outlooks synchronisation mechanism. While this updates the calendars and
allows me to produce reports using a VB program on the server, the free/busy
time is rarely correct as our users rarely logon to the server and run
outlook while connected.

What I'm after is a way of running something at the server end that causes
the free/busy to be updated.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks

Steve Barnett

Free/Busy

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, but if the users aren't logged on to the server, there's no way for
the server to go out and get their information.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:> Does anyone know how I can force the update of a users free/busy time at
the
> server  ?

> We all work remote to our Exchange server machine and update calendars
using
> Outlooks synchronisation mechanism. While this updates the calendars and
> allows me to produce reports using a VB program on the server, the
free/busy
> time is rarely correct as our users rarely logon to the server and run
> outlook while connected.

> What I'm after is a way of running something at the server end that causes
> the free/busy to be updated.

> Any suggestions ?

> Many thanks

> Steve Barnett

1. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

2. exchange migration

3. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

4. Message Filtering

5. how to poll MSX for users free busy

6. System manager error

7. Getting Free Busy Time via CDO or another reference

8. Eudora and Exchange

9. How do Microsoft implement free/busy ?

10. ASP Free/Busy

11. free/busy issues...

12. OL CW: Internet Free/Busy

13. second try :connector Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy