Exchange 2000 cannot receive any emails sent by other SMTP

Exchange 2000 cannot receive any emails sent by other SMTP

Post by Wen » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 23:14:16

Dear Sir/Madam:
    Recently I just upgrade our office's Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.
Everything is working fine except that if someone outside of our domain send
emails

name ),
we never received the emails.
For example, I tried to use my hotmail account to send to my account on the
new Exchange 2000

acount.
Strangely, my hotmail account never get any bounce emails nor any
nondelievery reports.
Those emails I sent through hotmail to my exchange 2000 seem all
disappear.....

But our remote employees located in other countries are able to use POP3 and
SMTP
services on the new Exhcange 2000, they can send emails to everywhere, even
they can send

So it seems that all SMTPs (except our own Exchange2000 SMTP) cannot send
emails to our domain email accounts..

Can you help me out on this?

Some facts about our network
We host our own public DNS for our MX record.
We are behind an ISA server, and I had published secure mail server.
The DNS is on the ISA ( and I had published the DNS query and DNS zone
transfer )

Thank you very much.

Wen

Post by D » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:19:46

> [...]

is a registered
>name ),
>we never received the emails.
>For example, I tried to use my hotmail account to send to
my account on the
>new Exchange 2000

my exchange 2000
>acount.
>Strangely, my hotmail account never get any bounce emails
nor any
>nondelievery reports.
>Those emails I sent through hotmail to my exchange 2000
seem all
>disappear.....

>But our remote employees located in other countries are

able to use POP3 and
>SMTP
>services on the new Exhcange 2000, they can send emails
to everywhere, even
>they can send

Exchange 2000 SMTP.....

Quote:

>So it seems that all SMTPs (except our own Exchange2000
SMTP) cannot send
>emails to our domain email accounts..

>Can you help me out on this?

>Some facts about our network
>We host our own public DNS for our MX record.
>We are behind an ISA server, and I had published secure
mail server.
>The DNS is on the ISA ( and I had published the DNS query
and DNS zone
>transfer )

>Thank you very much.

>Wen

>.
>did you ever get this resolved?

1. Exchange 2000 cannot receive any emails sent by other SMTP

[...]

2. IMC out folder

3. DNS error

4. my exchange never receive emails sent by others

5. another problem

6. SMTP Email sent from New Exchange 2000 not received by AOL

7. LDAP, Exchange 5.5 question

8. Outlook 2000 cannot send or receive mail from Exchange Server 2000

9. Cannot Send / Receive External & Receive Internal Email

10. cannot send email, receive email ok

11. cannot send or receive mail in Exchange 2000

12. Cannot Receive or send e Mail in Exchange 2000 mailboxes