Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

Post by Michael Terlic » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 05:20:47

Does anyone know if its possible to stop certain users
from sending internet mail with Exchange 2000?

Michael

Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

Post by Tom Meunie » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 14:33:03

Yes, you set up an SMTP connector.  Then you add those users to a group, or
do it user-by-user, on the properties of the connector itself.

--

-tom

Quote:> Does anyone know if its possible to stop certain users
> from sending internet mail with Exchange 2000?

> Michael

Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

Post by Michael Terlic » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 15:34:40

Thanks Tom. Only when I go to select a group I only have
users to choose. Have you seen this before?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

----

>> Does anyone know if its possible to stop certain users
>> from sending internet mail with Exchange 2000?

>> Michael

>.

Preventing certain users from sending Internet mail

Post by Tom Meunie » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:07:42

Sorry, I can't remember the answer to this question, and can't go
double-check right now.  Only certain types of groups work?  Mail-enabled
ones perhaps?  Try that.

--
-tom

> Thanks Tom. Only when I go to select a group I only have
> users to choose. Have you seen this before?

Post by Tom Meunie » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 21:52:29

What type of groups do you have?  Play with that.  Also play with
mail-enabling that group.  I'll check if I get a minute today.

--

-tom

> Thanks Tom. Only when I go to select a group I only have
> users to choose. Have you seen this before?

Post by Michael Terlic » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:34:12

Thanks Tom, that was it. Mail enabled group it had to be

Michael

----

>> Thanks Tom. Only when I go to select a group I only have
>> users to choose. Have you seen this before?

---
>> ----

message

users

>> >.

>.

1. Preventing Certain Users Sending External Mail

Howdy all

I have been asked a few days ago an interesting question - How to limit
certain users from sending mail outside the Organization (Via SMTP virtual
Server ofcourse )

That was possible in 55 by removing the SMTP address for the User or
limiting his access to the Internal Mail connector
How it is one on Exchange 2000 ?

Method one - creating an SMTP connector with the address Space of * and
limiting access for the user - Doesn't work ofcourse since the Mail will go
through the Default SMTP virtual Server

so i had a different approach in Mind - Creating A separate Recipient Policy
for users i want to Limit the access Outside with a different Primary SMTP
address
and then Limit the Address in the Delivery Options for the Organization

that seems like the right way to do it , so my question is

Did anyone Try it ? Knows that it works ?
Knows of any other / Better way to do it ?

Please note that i am talking about an Exchange Solution to the problem
rather then a Firewall One

Thanks

--
Shlomi Fanan
Systems Engineer

Visit Our Website - www.we-can.co.il

2. ActiveSync and group scheduled

3. IMS Help Can IMS (in Exchanger Server 5) serve as a POP for multiple domains/IP?

4. Preventing certain users from sending SMTP externally.

5. How to do a threaded conv in pf

6. Prevent certain users from sending to external addresses

7. Global Address Book

8. Restricting certain users from sending Internet mail

9. Restricting certain users from sending mail to the Internet

10. Preventing a user from sending Internet Mail - Exch 5.5 sp 4

11. How to prevent user sent mail to Internet

12. how to prevent in-house users to sent internet-mail through IMC