CDO 1.21s ?

Post by Lee Derbyshir » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:38:42

Is this CDO version likely to have any adverse affects on ASP/CDO server
apps?

Thanks.

Lee.

CDO 1.21s ?

Post by Tom Rizzo [MS » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:10:43

Yes if you try to do things that try to prompt for user acceptance such as
sending mail, accessing address properties, etc.

--
Looking for a good book on ADSI, Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 development?
If so, check out:

Quote:

> Is this CDO version likely to have any adverse affects on ASP/CDO server
> apps?

> Thanks.

> Lee.

CDO 1.21s ?

Post by Lee Derbyshir » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:33:43

Quote:> Yes if you try to do things that try to prompt for user acceptance such as
> sending mail, accessing address properties, etc.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.

How about something as simple as:

x = objMessage.Sender

Do you mean that accessing an address like this would be a problem?

1. CDO 1.21s (Outlook 2002/XP) doesnot allow impersonation and dynamic profile

Hi All,

I used to do the following for my CDO client application
1)Impersonate user using winapi calls LogonUser and ImpersonaleLoggonOnUser
2) Create a dynamic profile based on user's credentails
3) Log on to user's exchange server and do some work

The above code used to work fine with CDO 1.21 distributed with Outlook 98
and Outlook 2000

However when I tried the same with CDO 1.21s distributed by Outlook XP/2002
I cant even get to Logon to the user's exchange server
Session.Logon fails
I get MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED or MAPI_E_FAILOVERONPROVIDER

Does that mean with cdo 1.21s impersonating a user and then accessing
exchange is not allowed.

If anybody has been able to impersonate an user and use cdo pls let me know.

Regards
Goutam

2. ?????? intead of Display name

3. Cannot access attachments on mail sent with CDO after migration to CDO for Exchange 2000

4. Profile is not configured

5. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

6. Recipient Event Errors - Ack!

7. CDO help, how to intergrated EXchange CDO on web in a remote server

8. 1 * iGdhPdTiq-Problems Shutting Down Nt Server

9. CDO - how to install (only CDO!)

10. Accessing Exchange Server Address Book using CDO objects (CDO version 1.0)

11. cannot open mail attachment sent with CDO after upgrading to CDO for Exchange 2000

12. Any relationship between CDO 1.2's AppointmentItem object ID property and CDO for Exchange 2000's urn:schemas:calendar:uid field?

13. CDO connect problem: If an Alias name match the Last name of another Recipient, the Logon method is not usable with CDO 1.21