store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

Post by Mitesh Sha » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:59:24

I have an Exchange 2000 Server SP2 running on a Windows
2000 Server SP2. Task Manager showed that the store.exe
was causing 100% CPU usage. The "kill" command had to be
used to stop store.exe as the IS couldn't be stopped from
the Services applet.

I set the Public and Mailbox stored not to mount when the
Info Store starts, rebooted the server and ths IS service
starts fine and CPU usage is normal. As soon as I tried to
mount any of the stores (Mailbox or Public) the CPU usage
shot up to 100%.

Isinteg and eseutil have both been run to check/repair
databases - databases were all consistent.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions in resolving
this issue.

Thank you.

Regards
Mitesh Shah

store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

Post by Niti » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:51:02

Your description definitely indicates that the databases
are a problem. To verify that, start up with blank
priv1.edb and pub1.edb (or whatever names you have) and
see if store.exe still spikes the CPU.

If no then the current databases are the problem. To fix
this, try running isinteg -fix -test alltests.

If that doesn't help, mount your current databases and
use the EXMERGE utility to copy all private information
store data to PST files, delete the current private
information store and create a new one and use EXMERGE to
put the data back in.

For the public information store, you might have to use
just a regular export/import from a outlook client.

HTH

store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

Post by Rober » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:05:20

I had the exact same problem after upgrading to SP2.  My problem was with
the Mcafee program I was running at the time.  The version I was using was
not compatible.  I upgraded to the most recent version and my problem was
resolved.  I have also heard of this same issue for admins running Trend
Micro AV as well.

~Robert

hope this helps.

Quote:> I have an Exchange 2000 Server SP2 running on a Windows
> 2000 Server SP2. Task Manager showed that the store.exe
> was causing 100% CPU usage. The "kill" command had to be
> used to stop store.exe as the IS couldn't be stopped from
> the Services applet.

> I set the Public and Mailbox stored not to mount when the
> Info Store starts, rebooted the server and ths IS service
> starts fine and CPU usage is normal. As soon as I tried to
> mount any of the stores (Mailbox or Public) the CPU usage
> shot up to 100%.

> Isinteg and eseutil have both been run to check/repair
> databases - databases were all consistent.

> I would be very grateful for any suggestions in resolving
> this issue.

> Thank you.

> Regards
> Mitesh Shah

store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

Post by Dave Nickaso » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:16:47

I had the same problem with CA E-trust Inoculate anti-virus as the cause.
Actually, it was probably a specific signature file update.  Uninstalling
E-trust would make the problem disappear, but it would come back after a
reinstall.  Once they issued a new signature update, there was no problem
after reinstalling with that update.  (Although they deny that the update
could have caused the problem).

> I had the exact same problem after upgrading to SP2.  My problem was with
> the Mcafee program I was running at the time.  The version I was using was
> not compatible.  I upgraded to the most recent version and my problem was
> resolved.  I have also heard of this same issue for admins running Trend
> Micro AV as well.

> ~Robert

> hope this helps.

> > I have an Exchange 2000 Server SP2 running on a Windows
> > 2000 Server SP2. Task Manager showed that the store.exe
> > was causing 100% CPU usage. The "kill" command had to be
> > used to stop store.exe as the IS couldn't be stopped from
> > the Services applet.

> > I set the Public and Mailbox stored not to mount when the
> > Info Store starts, rebooted the server and ths IS service
> > starts fine and CPU usage is normal. As soon as I tried to
> > mount any of the stores (Mailbox or Public) the CPU usage
> > shot up to 100%.

> > Isinteg and eseutil have both been run to check/repair
> > databases - databases were all consistent.

> > I would be very grateful for any suggestions in resolving
> > this issue.

> > Thank you.

> > Regards
> > Mitesh Shah

1. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by eTrust InoculateIt

I've seen postings about Mcafee's Groupshield causing cpu usages of 100%. We
had Computer Accosiates' eTrust InoculateIt 6.0 + Microsoft Exchange Option
in use and had similar problems after installing Exchange SP2. After we
uninstalled the antiviral-software cpu usage dropped to normal 10% level.

Currently (18th july 2001) there's no patch available in the CA's
support-site for this problem.

Regards, Mika Neittamo - Satakunnan Puhelin co. IT services

2. Basic Exchange Administration?

3. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

4. Blank .EML in Archive Event Sink

5. store.exe 100% cpu usage

6. How to move Exchange 2000 server to DMZ

7. store.exe 100%cpu usage

8. Recovery

9. store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

10. NNTP - Outbound newsfeed causes Store.exe to consume 100% CPU

11. store.exe causing 100% CPU Utilization

12. Problem: Exchange 5.0 IS Store.exe causes 100% CPU utilization

13. Q: store.exe at 100% CPU cause?