Replication question

Post by Justin Sharp » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:18:49

Is there a specific time before a Exchange server will replicate any changes
made to a users account be it a alias or a surname change ? I guess I should
add in addition to that replicate and update the GAL as well.

For this example the servers are either in standalone or in a cluster.

Thanks

Replication question

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:42:52

Actually  Exchange server doesn't "wait"
The GAL uses the Global Catalog, so that make a small delay before the GC
even see the changes. If you've got one DC, it's instant, else consider a
latency of 5-15 minutes before replication occurs.

> Is there a specific time before a Exchange server will replicate any changes
> made to a users account be it a alias or a surname change ? I guess I should
> add in addition to that replicate and update the GAL as well.

> For this example the servers are either in standalone or in a cluster.

> Thanks

1. Public Folder Replication Question#2 - Redundancy Using Public Folder Replication

How can you make Public Folders that are replicated to 2 different serves
fault tolerant (redundant for each other)?

1 SITE
2 Servers
    Server1 - Maibox Server (Public Folder backup-replica)
    Server2 - Public Folder Server

Server one houses all the Mailboxes.  I have Server2 set as Server1's Public
Folder Server, thus ALL public Folders get created on Sever2.  Than I
replicate Server2's Public folder's with Server1.

When I take Server2 down, i cannot get to any public folders at all.

All my sync tables show in sync.  Database is same size on both.  All looks
OK, accept I cannot make users look at Server1 for Public Folder replica's
when Server2 is down????

Do I have to change the Public Folder server on Server1 from 'Server2' to
'Server1' when Server2 comes down???

Or have I done something wrong?

--
Thank You!

2. Inbound Internet Mail - Stuck !

3. How to setup Exchange Server for an additional domain

4. Move Mailbox via C++ replication question

5. Configure Public Folders for Offline Use?

6. REPLICATION Question.

7. MS Exchange 1171 Error when Directory Replicating

8. MSExchange MU (Metabase update failed replication Question)

9. Public Folder Replication Question

10. Public Folder Replication Question...

11. Public Folder Replication Question#3 - Load Balancing

12. directory replication question