Determining network username from Outlook/Exchange username

Determining network username from Outlook/Exchange username

Post by Dave Heale » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am using the Collaboration Data Object (CDO) Library v1.2 to extract data
from the Exchange Server's Global Address List into an Access 97 database.
This works great and gives me loads of information, save one piece I could
really use.  I'd like to know what the Outlook user's network username is.
It certainly does not seem to be stored in the address book, but the
Exchange Server simply has to know as access to a Mailbox is granted via NT
authentification.  Does anyone have a clue?

1. Web access: domain/username vs. username

My test Exchange server allowed me to go to http://servername/exchange
and get into my mailbox without using the domain/username convention in
the authentication box. I could use just username and it would work.

My new "production" server requires users to do the whole
domain/username. I don't mind this too much but the other way required
less training for users.

How are these two servers configured differently? Can I change it?
Should I change it?

-Matthew Goodell
University of St. Thomas
St. Paul, MN

2. Downgrading

3. Dialup networking using different username/password?

4. Details Templates Language

5. username from network logon ?

6. MailTo Protocol in Windows95 and Exchange as default

7. Going from account name to username in Outlook Forms using VBScript

8. Mail Stuck

9. Outlook 2k suddenly prompting for username and password?

10. outlook asks for domain/username/password at startup

11. Outlook asks for username and domain??

12. Outlook Not Saving Username & Domain Name

13. save username-domain in Outlook client