Outbound NNTP Error

Post by Taborinn » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I hope someone can help me with this one. I have an Ex 5.5 server set up on
an NT 4.0 box. I recieve a newsfeed, which is made availible to clients.
When a client posts to the newsgroup, the post works correctly on my server,
however, whe my server attempts to upload the new post to the newsfeed I
receive from, i get the following error in my Event App log:

Event ID: 13055

rejected by host server.domain.net.  Server response: 441 (662) Article
Rejected -- The 'NNTP-Posting-Host:' header is a system header - client
posts should not have it

All clients can log directly into the newsgroup on the server that is
rejecting my outbound posts and post messages directly to it.

Any assistance that can be given would be greatly appreciated!

Daryl

1. NNTP outbound error 0x80040115

Hello,

I have installed some newsfeed on my MSE 5 server. All of them are pull
inbound and push outbound. While the inbound part works great the outbound
part troubles me. All outbound messages fail and I get the following error
in the Application Log (Event Viewer):

Event: 13069
Source: MSExchange NNTP
An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115.

I am using the usual newsserver adresses (like msnews.microsoft.com). Do I
have to have some special agreement with the news provider or should this
work no matter what?

Jan-Peter

2. No Permissions?

3. EX 5.5 to 2k

4. no e-mail address in contacts

5. NNTP Protocol Virtual Directories and NNTP service error

6. winmail.dat attached to messages

7. NNTP - Outbound newsfeed causes Store.exe to consume 100% CPU

8. a newbie: Outbound NNTP newsfeed resending all messages????

9. .NNTP outbound : client-server conversation possible ?

10. Exchange Server NNTP Problem - Event ID 13055 - 441 Can′t set system NNTP-Posting-Header