Creating Mail-Enabled Contacts

Post by Pascal Hause » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:55:34

Hi there...

How can i create a mail-enabled contact in Exchange Server 2000 trough CDO
for Exchange??

The contact shuold be created in an Active Directory Folder (OU). --> no
problem.
But how can i make that a AD Contact is know in Exchange and is visible in
the AdressLists?

With the Active Directory User & Computer MMC Snap-In i can mark a check box
to Create an Exchange Mail. But i dont know how to do this programatically.
The Exchange SDK Documentation didnt help me...

Thanks...
Pascal

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:03:27

> How can i create a mail-enabled contact in Exchange Server 2000 trough CDO
> for Exchange??

> The contact shuold be created in an Active Directory Folder (OU). --> no
> problem.
> But how can i make that a AD Contact is know in Exchange and is visible in
> the AdressLists?

Check http://www.cdolive.net/samples/adusermanagement.eml for a sample WSH
script which should point you into the right direction.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.