OWA Contacts Folder

Post by Dave » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to access a public folder contacts list (shared
throughout the company) through OWA?  When you check to resolve a name with
an email address is checks the GAL.  Can you have it check a public folder?

    Thanks,

    Dave

OWA Contacts Folder

Post by Chris Maasc » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Check out article Q186707 on Microsoft.  Currently OW does not support
accessing a Public Folder containing Contacts or Calendar data.  I haven't
seen a way around that yet.

Chris

Quote:> Does anyone know how to access a public folder contacts list (shared
> throughout the company) through OWA?  When you check to resolve a name
with
> an email address is checks the GAL.  Can you have it check a public
folder?

>     Thanks,

>     Dave

OWA Contacts Folder

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

For a contacts work around check http://www.cdolive.com/owacontact.htm

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

> Check out article Q186707 on Microsoft.  Currently OW does not support
> accessing a Public Folder containing Contacts or Calendar data.  I haven't
> seen a way around that yet.

> Chris

> > Does anyone know how to access a public folder contacts list (shared
> > throughout the company) through OWA?  When you check to resolve a name
> with
> > an email address is checks the GAL.  Can you have it check a public
> folder?

> >     Thanks,

> >     Dave

1. OWA Contact Folder

When in OWA (Exchange 5.5 sp4) it opens up to my INBOX.
When I go up a level and click on my Contacts folder I get
the following message:

"This version of Outlook Web Access only supports your
primary contact folder."

If I try to just click on the contacts folder on the left
toolbar, the Inbox just reappears.  I can go into
calendars and I can click on FInd Names but as soon as I
click back on the contacts button it just brings up the
INBOX.  I only get the error message if I try to use the
tree view in the middle.   Any ideas?

2. IMS Service time to connect prob??

3. OWA contact folder has no labels

4. alternative to owa

5. OWA Contact Folder

6. MTA dat files

7. OWA Contact Folder View

8. out off office assistant are not correct working

9. OWA - contacts folder - alphabet search

10. OWA Contacts Folder

11. Contacts Not appearing as Contacts in Public Folders in OWA

12. access contact folders from public folders with OWA