Incoming mail problem

Post by Darre » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:32:23

Hi,

I saw the other persons problem and did what you said
about telnet to the ip on port 25.

This is what the banner says:
220 access21.SBD.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service,
Version: 5.0.2195.5329 ready
at  Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:24:52 -0400

access21.sbd.com is the back-end exchange server
name....but should it not be the front-end server which
is supposed to be the SMTP VS? Just so you know that
sbd.com is not a valid DNS name on the internet.

Any ideas of what I did wrong.

Thanks,
Darren Driedger

1. incoming mail problem

We have built a windows 2000 Exchange server using POPcon (by
Christensen-software)to retrieve POP3 email from the ISP. The problem
occurs when we retrieve mail from the ISP, mail appears to be forwarded

We have set up a domain called companyname.co.uk with a prewindows 2000
domain of companyname.

A non-delivery is returned to all senders whilst some receipients
receive the mail and others don't.

Can anyone please advise why companyname.co.uk is appearing before the
username.

Mark

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Deletion of a container using dir import

3. Incoming mail problem

4. delivery notification

5. Incoming Mail Problems

6. Exchange installation - access denied

7. Remote site incoming mail problem

8. queue

9. Incoming mail problem

10. incoming mail problem