Name could not be resolved

Post by mratk » Sat, 31 May 2003 05:04:49

Hi All

I am having problems setting up two separate NT40 workstations on exchange
2000. We have three 2000 servers
one running exchange server. I have setup mail accounts and I am able to
resolve the nave on 98 and 2000 computers.
On the NT40 computers when I add the exchange service under mail in control
panel and try to check name I receive this message: "The name could not be
resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list."
What can I check?

Thank you
Mike

Name could not be resolved

Post by Rohinton[MSFT » Sat, 31 May 2003 19:12:19

does the same name work on the 98 / 2000 machines.

are you able to ping the exchange server on netbios name from the NT machine
?

rgds

newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> Hi All

> I am having problems setting up two separate NT40 workstations on exchange
> 2000. We have three 2000 servers
> one running exchange server. I have setup mail accounts and I am able to
> resolve the nave on 98 and 2000 computers.
> On the NT40 computers when I add the exchange service under mail in
control
> panel and try to check name I receive this message: "The name could not be
> resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list."
> What can I check?

> Thank you
> Mike

Name could not be resolved

Post by mratk » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 05:14:39

Thank you for you response.

Yes the same name will work on a 98 or 2000 box
and
I am can ping exchange server by name or number
I can run a tracert on name or number and it looks right one hope no
problem.
But I can not get the computers to resolve the name in the address book only
on NT 4 workstations.

> does the same name work on the 98 / 2000 machines.

> are you able to ping the exchange server on netbios name from the NT
machine
> ?

> rgds

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

> > Hi All

> > I am having problems setting up two separate NT40 workstations on
exchange
> > 2000. We have three 2000 servers
> > one running exchange server. I have setup mail accounts and I am able to
> > resolve the nave on 98 and 2000 computers.
> > On the NT40 computers when I add the exchange service under mail in
> control
> > panel and try to check name I receive this message: "The name could not
be
> > resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list."
> > What can I check?

> > Thank you
> > Mike

1. Name could not be resolved / Name kann nicht aufgel?st werden

Fehler: Auf meinem Asus P2DS-board lag die Prozessor- und IRQ-Auslastung
nach Installation von Windows2000 Professional weit ber allen Normen.
Daher: Win2k mit Standard-PC-HAL (kein ACPI-HAL!!!)
"drberinstallieren" (Installation von der CD starten und vorhandene
Installation "reparieren"), jetzt war die Auslastung wieder im grnen
Bereich.

Aber: Der Outlook2000 Exchange-Clientdienst konnte sich nicht mehr am
Server anmelden...auch nach allen m?glichen Experimenten mit den
Outlook-Profiles

L?sung: Netzwerkdienste deinstallieren (Netzwerkclient, TCP/IP
Protokoll...) - neustarten - Netzwerkdienste neu installieren...

und siehe da: Exchange-Verbindung klappt wieder!!!
If you re-installed Win2k over an existing configuration with Outlook
and you can not connect to an Exchange Server anymore, just deinstall
all Network-Services including TCP/IP (in the LAN-connection
properties), reboot, reinstall the Network services again and voil-the
Exchange Server is accessible again!

greetz
Walther Hillbrand

2. auto reponse for "signed" message delivery

3. Cannot Resolve Name, Name not found in Address list

4. Auto Profile

5. The name could not be resolved, The action could not be completed

6. Cannot create additional "mailbox store" or "Public folder store"

7. Name can not be resolved

8. this problem make my crazy!

9. OWA not resolving names

10. name not resolved exchange bug or ???????

11. Help!! Exchange Server Name could not be resolved

12. Name Not resolved

13. Name not resolved in MS Outlook 2000/2002