MAPI problems with MS Exchange NT 3.51/4.00

MAPI problems with MS Exchange NT 3.51/4.00

Post by James F. VanBure » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have an application that uses simple MAPI to send and receive mail. The
application wakes up every 10 seconds and does a "MAPIFindNext" to
determine if any mail exists. This works fine with MS Mail but the same
application using MS Exchange steals the focus from other applications
every time the "MAPIFindNext" command is issued. This is quite annoying to
someone who is editing or filling in forms.

I have tested this using MS Exchange Client on NT 3.51 and NT 4.00 and get
the same results.

Any idea as to why the MAPI DLL causes this problem with Exchange Client ?

Jim