How do I setup OWA to use https?

Post by Andrew R. Siege » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:24:52

How do I set up OWA to use https instead of http?  I have
my exchange server sitting behind an ISA Server.  Do I
have to configure the ISA server as well?

Thanks,

Andy Siegel
City of Dover (DE)

Post by Greg Kelle » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:09:45

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320291
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279681

--
Greg Kelley
SS&G Technology Consulting, LLC

Quote:> How do I set up OWA to use https instead of http?  I have
> my exchange server sitting behind an ISA Server.  Do I
> have to configure the ISA server as well?

> Thanks,

> Andy Siegel
> City of Dover (DE)

1. OWA over https setup help

I am trying to set up OWA to be accessible over https port
443 and am having a problem.  When I type
https://owa.mycompany.net (inside or outside), I get the
Security Alert message and then "This page cannot be
Displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS error."
However,  I can go to https://NetBIOSName/Exchange (from
inside), and I get the Security Alert message box. Then, I
see the Security Alert box that says the cert is from a
trusted CA, the date is valid, and a warning that the name
on the cert is invalid or does not match the name of the
site (which would be expected since I am using the NetBIOS
name of the machine instead of the DNS name
(owa.mycompany.net)). I click next to proceed and I get
authenticated and I am in my mailbox. Is this a firewall
issue or do I need to do anything to DNS on my server. I
have contacted BCentral and they have set up the
hostname and an A record pointing to our public IP and our
firewall is suppose to be set to send https traffic to the
inside IP of our Exchange server. I am new at this so any
suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Domain Server Failure - Recovering Mailboxes

3. How to access mails using WebDAV over http/https

4. Moving from old 5.5 server to new 5.5 server

5. What is the purpose for setup exchange2k using commands setup /forestprep and setup /domainprep

6. Microsoft Customer Relationship Managemetn

7. Testing for open relays

8. OWA https and CROSSPOST

9. troubles with Attachments on OWA(https)

10. OWA + ISA + HTTPS Login Only