Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

Post by Al Blak » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 06:19:10

I have read the very helpful page on cdolive about using the ms script
de* to debug Exchange event scripts and followed the instructions:

1. Make sure that you are logged-on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer with the same Microsoft Windows NT account, which is used for the
Microsoft Exchange Server Event Service.  - YES

2. Also the mailbox which is used must have Owner permissions on the system
folder Folders\System Folders\Events Root\EventConfig_<Your Servername>.
- YES

"Otherwise the popup window with the Microsoft Script De* will not show
your script." This is what STILL happens!

A 'stop' in the script causes the de* to pop-up on the console of the
Exchange server, where I am logged on as the user running the Exchange Event
service. Trouble is that the de* window is empty! I cant get to or see
the code!

Anyone know how to get around this? It's really frustrating!

Al Blake,  Information Technology Manager
Secretariat of the Pacific Community.
BPD5 98848 Noumea Cedex.
New Caledonia.
Tel +687 26.01.44 Fax +687 26.38.18

1. Cant Debugger Exchange Agent Script

NT 4.0 sp5, Exchange 5.5 sp3, vbscript 5.0.0.3715, IE 5.0
Visual Interdev 6.0 and Script debugger 1.0a, Outlook 2000

I'm trying to make the script debugger stop in my vbscript agent script.  It
seems to ignore the Stop command.  I use Script.Response logging and I log
output before and after the Stop statement.  Then I use outlook to cause the
script to execute and it executes fine, no script debugger pops up, and the
logs say it got to the statement after the Stop.   Do I have something
configured wrong, anyone else get this to work?  I have a book by Tom Rizzo
that indicates a short section on Microsoft Script Debugger complete with
screenshot but I have yet to experience that.  I am logged into the exchange
service account on the exchange server machine.  I typically have Visual
interdev going as well, and I even launched the MS Script Debugger manually
just to get superstitious.  Nothing.   Any thoughts?

dennis

2. Duplicate SMTP addresses

3. Getting script debugger to kick in

4. Testing NNTP Settings

5. Scripting Debugger does not work

6. Updated Summary of Microsoft Security Bulletins - MS02-001 and MS02-002

7. Script Debugger Not Working

8. Email address generation...

9. How to get debugger working in event script?

10. Script Debugger & Exchange 5.5 Scripts

11. Getting Visual Interdev to work as Exchange Script editor

12. debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts