Create a new Contact with a custom form in a public contact folder

Create a new Contact with a custom form in a public contact folder

Post by Estelle Charett » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've created a custom form for my Contacts, there is no problem with that.
The problem is that I want to use this form to add contacts in a contact
folder in my public folders. I've published the form in the public contact
folder but when I create a new contact with the custom form in this contact
folder and I 'save&close' it, the contact goes to my mailbox contact folder.
If I use the standard contact form to create a new contact from the public
contact folder, it puts it in the right place. Is there a property that I
have to set to the form to 'tell' Outlook that I want to save the new custom
contact in the folder it has been created in?

Thanks for responding,

Estelle

Create a new Contact with a custom form in a public contact folder

Post by Dave Humphrey » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have posted a message enquiring about how to set the place in which
the standard Outlook forms place their newly created items. Controlling
this seems to me to be of such fundamental importance that I am almost
incredulous that such instruction is not in the first few lines of the help.

I have not fallen over this particular problem, but a related one. If you
use the standard Contact form in your public folder Contacts, the Contact
does go into the public folder. But if you create a Journal entry in that
Contact form, it puts the Journal Item in your Mailbox. I want it in my
public folder
Journal folder. There MUST be a way to control the default destination
of all these standard Items.

The suggestion here that there is something about the form is an interesting
one that I will investigate.

PLEASE, someone put myself as well as Estelle out of our misery...

>I've created a custom form for my Contacts, there is no problem with that.
>The problem is that I want to use this form to add contacts in a contact
>folder in my public folders. I've published the form in the public contact
>folder but when I create a new contact with the custom form in this contact
>folder and I 'save&close' it, the contact goes to my mailbox contact
folder.
>If I use the standard contact form to create a new contact from the public
>contact folder, it puts it in the right place. Is there a property that I
>have to set to the form to 'tell' Outlook that I want to save the new
custom
>contact in the folder it has been created in?

>Thanks for responding,

>Estelle

Create a new Contact with a custom form in a public contact folder

Post by Estelle Charett » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've kind of get through my problem but the patch I've found seems to me too
'spaghetti thing', there must be another way, like I said before, some
property that I don't know, to do this. So now, when I create a custom
contact from my public contact folder using my custom form and I
'save&close' it, it executes a VBS function (based on the 'close' event of
the contact created) that moves the current contact to my public contact
folder (it looks like the contact moves itself to the folder it is in now
just before it goes to the folder it was going to 'by default', which is not
the one where it has been created). I don't like this issue, I really don't
like it but this is the only way I've found. Any better idea is welcome.

Thanks for responding,

Estelle

Estelle Charette

(418) 650-5516-209

"All computers wait at the same speed." - unknown

Quote:>I have posted a message enquiring about how to set the place in which
>the standard Outlook forms place their newly created items. Controlling
>this seems to me to be of such fundamental importance that I am almost
>incredulous that such instruction is not in the first few lines of the
help.

>I have not fallen over this particular problem, but a related one. If you
>use the standard Contact form in your public folder Contacts, the Contact
>does go into the public folder. But if you create a Journal entry in that
>Contact form, it puts the Journal Item in your Mailbox. I want it in my
>public folder
>Journal folder. There MUST be a way to control the default destination
>of all these standard Items.

>The suggestion here that there is something about the form is an
interesting
>one that I will investigate.

>PLEASE, someone put myself as well as Estelle out of our misery...

1. Create a new Contact with a custom form in a public contact folder

I've created a custom form for my Contacts, there is no problem with that.
The problem is that I want to use this form to add contacts in a contact
folder in my public folders. I've published the form in the public contact
folder but when I create a new contact with the custom form in this contact
folder and I 'save&close' it, the contact goes to my mailbox contact folder.
If I use the standard contact form to create a new contact from the public
contact folder, it puts it in the right place. Is there a property that I
have to set to the form to 'tell' Outlook that I want to save the new custom
contact in the folder it has been created in?

Thanks for responding,

Estelle

2. iis 4.0 download

3. how to use exchange as a mail forwarder for Sun..

4. Urgent Help!!!!

5. Emails getting automatically sent to the deleted folder

6. Creating a new contact in the Contact folder

7. Custom Contact Forms for Public Folders

8. Contact Custom Form (in public folders)

9. Unable to make new contact or move/copy contacts to a public folder

10. Add new element (a contact) to a public folder via an HTML form