How to add fields to a message created with CDO using OWA?

How to add fields to a message created with CDO using OWA?

Post by Jonas Lindblo » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

This is what I tried:

field = oMsg.Fields.Add("myField",6)

oMsg.Update

It doesn't work!

Is there anyone who can help me?

/Jonas

How to add fields to a message created with CDO using OWA?

Post by Gregory Sandu » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Try this

oMsg.Fields.Add "myField",vbCurrency
oMsg.Update

Set  field = oMsg.Fields.Item("myField")

>This is what I tried:

>field = oMsg.Fields.Add("myField",6)

>oMsg.Update

>It doesn't work!

>Is there anyone who can help me?

>/Jonas

1. Add/Modify custom fields using CDO.Appointment

Hi,

I'm currently adding an appointment item to a public folder using CDO
(through a .net webservice)

Dim strURL As String = file://./backofficestorage/domain.com/public
folders/myfolder/
Dim strUsername As String = "username"
Dim strPassword As String = "password"

With New CDO.Appointment()
    .StartTime = "11 June 2003 18:00"
    .EndTime = "11 June 2003 18:30"
    .Subject = "Added from web service"
    .TextBody = "Added from web service"
    .BusyStatus = CDO.CdoBusyStatusValues.cdoTentative
    Call .DataSource.SaveToContainer(strURL, , ,
ADODB.RecordCreateOptionsEnum.adCreateOverwrite, , strUsername, strPassword)
End With

This gets added to Exchange, and shows up in Outlook, without any problems.

However, the item needs to use a custom form when opened in Outlook.  Using
Exchange Explorer, I've worked out that I need to set the
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/outlookmessageclass property to
"IPM.Appointment.Booking" (which is my custom form).

I also need to add a couple of custom fields, which are required by the
custom form.... (These get added automatically when appointments are put in
through Outlook with the custom form)

Any ideas how I can modify the message class property, and add my own?  Any
help would be much appreciated...

Cheers,

Mun

2. Update GAL

3. Add Custom Field with array type to Message in CDO

4. Exchange 5.0 - % Buffer Available

5. CDO custom fields in a programmatically created message

6. clustering or else?

7. How can receveid a field created whit CDO.Message in Inbox

8. can not fax w/ echange client

9. Using CDO message collection sort on userdefined fields

10. How do I add fields to a message with CDO using OWA?

11. Can't Create a New Field with CDO Collections

12. CDO Fields.Add

13. Searching in Contacts using CDO (e-mail field)