errors with Public Folder proxy?

Post by Devante Varga » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:54:59

I am currently gettng errors with Public Folders in Exchange2k. The errors
in the event log are saying:

"Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder "<folder name>" in
the Active Directory"

Does anyone out there know how to correct this problem.

Cheers,

Devante

errors with Public Folder proxy?

Post by Hutch Crai » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:09:30

I'm getting the same error:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9543
Date:           2/16/2001
Time:           8:39:15 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       EXCHSVR
Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder "testfolder" in
the Active Directory.

For more information, click

It only effects Mail-Enabled Folders (obviously) on the Exchange 2000
system. It seemed to happen after I completely removed the last Exchange
5.5 server, which was the first server in the site. I followed the
necessary steps as presented by a couple KB articles on how to do this.
It went flawlessly, so this may just be coincidence. I have also worked
with the recipient policies, but I'm not doing anything tricky, nor have
a created any policies above the default policy that would/should effect
SMTP address generation for public folders.

I'll let you know if I find anything out-

Hutch

Quote:> I am currently gettng errors with Public Folders in Exchange2k. The errors