Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Jack Fros » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 05:05:54

Here is the error that I am generating when trying to move a mailbox from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 in the AD.

Error:  Approving object
CN=Lastname\, Firstname, CN=Users, DC=net, DC=domainname, DC=ORG:
Cannot complete the operation because the object 'Lastname, Firstname' does
not have the attribute 'msExchMailboxGuid' set or because you do not have
permission to read it.

Only happens on some users, but not all.  Any ideas ?  Thanks in advance !

Jack

Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Evan Wang [MS » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:19:54

Hello,

I would like you to confirm the following things:

1. Have the correct version of ADC installed on the server?

2. Use ADSIEdit and connect to DC. Can you see the specific attribute for
the users?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Evan Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Jack Fros » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:53:25

Okay,
    I have confirmed that this is the version of ADC that comes with
Exchange 2000 and I have also gone into ADSI Edit and connect to the domain
controller that hosts that ADC and the users are listed.  Where exactly do I
see the attribute for each user though ?  I can go into AD Schema and see
the attribute listed, but once again, I do not see where you would find it
mapped to specific users.  Any Ideas ?  Thanks !

Jack

Quote:> Hello,

> I would like you to confirm the following things:

> 1. Have the correct version of ADC installed on the server?

> 2. Use ADSIEdit and connect to DC. Can you see the specific attribute for
> the users?

> Thanks.

> Best Regards,

> Evan Wang
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

rights.

Exchange Move mailbox Error from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Evan Wang [MS » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:16:06

Please check the attribute "msExchMailboxGuid" for the specific users. Just
right click the user object, and check the attributes in the Attributes tab.

If the value isn't set, I would like you to check the replication of ADC.
Is it possible that the user's mailbox is mapped to other user accounts?
(This may happen if the email alias isn't same as account name.)

Please feel free to get back here, if you have any problems. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Evan Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

1. How to move mailbox from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

I have found sample code on MSDN to move mailboxes in Exchange 2000 using
CDOEXM. This seems to work ok most of the time as long as the mailbox is on
the same server and is Exchange 2000.

Does anyone have examples of code that would move a mailbox from an Exchange
5.5 server to an Exchange 2000 server?

We need to migrate mailboxes from 5.5. to 2000 by last name and place them
into Mailbox Stores based on logic in the program.

The examples I have found only deal with single logon, single domain, etc.

Thanks for any ideas. -Todd

2. problems with MSDN MAPI samples

3. Moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.

4. Ex5.5 and Web Access, Meuuuhhh??

5. moving mailbox from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 after upgrade

6. Adding Security Tag

7. moving Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2000 in other domain

8. Need help

9. Moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.

10. Moving mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

11. Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 - Problem with Move Mailbox, Incoming Mail

12. Move mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 -> Exchange 2000

13. Move Mailbox From Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000