store.exe 100% cpu usage

Post by Suki » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:55:22

I have recently installed SP3 for Exchange 2000 server and
windows 2000  (on the same box).

since installing the SP's every now and then the CPU usage
for STORE.EXE shoots up to 90-100% and makes the server
hang.  This might be happening when a certain user tries
to use his outlook on his desktop.. But before installing
the service packs everything was ok - can anyone help or
does anyone no how to remove the exchange service pack 3

suki

store.exe 100% cpu usage

Post by Scott Schnoll [MVP » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:24:31

Hi,

Exchange service packs cannot be uninstalled.  If you really want to remove
it, you'll need to wipe out the existing install and start with a fresh one.

As for this issue, the first thing I would look at is Exchange-aware
antivirus software.  If you are using an app like this, then see if
disabling it resolves the CPU usage.  If so, then check with the
manufacturer of the app and see if there is a fix or update for it.  If you
are not using an app like that, then you may need to do increase diagnostic
logging to get additional information about the store.exe process is
actually doing.

Hope this helps.
--
Regards,

Scott Schnoll
MCT MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP
Exchange 2000 Server: The Complete Reference - ISBN 0072127392
TNT Software - www.tntsoftware.com
Microsoft Cluster Server Center - www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
Internet Explorer Security Center - www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

Quote:> I have recently installed SP3 for Exchange 2000 server and
> windows 2000  (on the same box).

> since installing the SP's every now and then the CPU usage
> for STORE.EXE shoots up to 90-100% and makes the server
> hang.  This might be happening when a certain user tries
> to use his outlook on his desktop.. But before installing
> the service packs everything was ok - can anyone help or
> does anyone no how to remove the exchange service pack 3

> suki

store.exe 100% cpu usage

Post by suki » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:27:36

Scott

I am using groupsheild exchange, if I disable it, it makes
no difference.  i came in this morning and the cpu usage
was 100%.  I think i will try and remove SP3 for Win2k and
see if it resolves the problem.  i am sure that its a
conflict between SP3 for Exch 2k and Win2K, even though MS
as not said anything.  Before i installed SP3 on EX and
WIN everything was fine.  This is getting very annoying
now!  thanks for the advise

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Exchange service packs cannot be uninstalled.  If you

really want to remove
Quote:>it, you'll need to wipe out the existing install and

start with a fresh one.
Quote:

>As for this issue, the first thing I would look at is
Exchange-aware
>antivirus software.  If you are using an app like this,
then see if
>disabling it resolves the CPU usage.  If so, then check
with the
>manufacturer of the app and see if there is a fix or

update for it.  If you
Quote:>are not using an app like that, then you may need to do
increase diagnostic
>logging to get additional information about the store.exe
process is
>actually doing.

>Hope this helps.
>--
>Regards,

>Scott Schnoll
>MCT MCSE MCSA MCP+I
>Microsoft MVP
>Exchange 2000 Server: The Complete Reference - ISBN
0072127392
>TNT Software - www.tntsoftware.com
>Microsoft Cluster Server Center -

www.nwnetworks.com/cluster.html
Quote:>Internet Explorer Security Center -

www.nwnetworks.com/iesc.html

>> I have recently installed SP3 for Exchange 2000 server
and
>> windows 2000  (on the same box).

>> since installing the SP's every now and then the CPU
usage
>> for STORE.EXE shoots up to 90-100% and makes the server
>> hang.  This might be happening when a certain user tries
>> to use his outlook on his desktop.. But before
installing
>> the service packs everything was ok - can anyone help or
>> does anyone no how to remove the exchange service pack 3

>> suki

>.

store.exe 100% cpu usage

Post by suki » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:06:24

Scott,

I have de-installed SP3 for Win2K, but am still getting
the same problems.  When you install SP3 for EX2k where do
all the files install to.  What I want to try and do is
restore from backup to remove the SP3 for exchange, but I
need someone to point to where all the SP3 files would
install.

regards,

Suki

1. store.exe 100%cpu usage

As previous post...
Stop the anti virus package for a short while, disconnect from the
Internet if you want a safety buffer. Check out the ideas in this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172813
It's a 5.5 document but has basics relevant to 2K and pointers to
other doxs.

2. Question!!!!

3. store.exe causes 100% CPU usage

4. Exchange 2000 with Windows NT Domain Controllers

5. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by eTrust InoculateIt

6. Urgent Help : somebody is using our Exchange to SPAM

7. Store.exe cpu usage 100% caused by Mcafee Groupshield 5

8. Microsoft? Exchange Server collaboration with Microsoft SQL Server?

9. store.exe running at 100% cpu usage

10. Suspicious Internet Email and Store.exe CPU 100% Usage

11. store.exe crahes and MAD.exe uses 100% CPU

12. dsamain.exe @ 100% cpu usage PLEASE HELP

13. Exch 5.5, NTBACKUP.EXE and 100% CPU usage?