OnArrival-Event-Sink only for external emails ?

OnArrival-Event-Sink only for external emails ?

Post by Udo Karlin » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:45:21

hi ng !

System: E2K SP3 / NT4 SP6

Trieing  the SDK sample for an Event Sink On Arival (KB Q317680) i have to
notice, that the event only works for emails, comming from an different
domain (going through the "external SMTP" port of the Exchange-Server).
Sending an internal mail creates no event? Why? How can i catch internal
mails?

Thanks for any idea.

Udo  Karlins

OnArrival-Event-Sink only for external emails ?

Post by Peter Karsa » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:08:37

Hello,

Some messaging clients (for example, Outlook) use MAPI to submit their
messages to the server. In this case, no SMTP Transport Events will be
executed. This problem and the solution is discussed by Q288756
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288756).

To catch internal mails, you have to install a secondary SMTP server and
route messages thru that server (i.e. use another SMTP virtual server for
outgoing mails).

Regards,

  Peter Karsai
  http://www.vamsoft.com

Quote:> hi ng !

> System: E2K SP3 / NT4 SP6

> Trieing  the SDK sample for an Event Sink On Arival (KB Q317680) i have to
> notice, that the event only works for emails, comming from an different
> domain (going through the "external SMTP" port of the Exchange-Server).
> Sending an internal mail creates no event? Why? How can i catch internal
> mails?

> Thanks for any idea.

> Udo  Karlins

OnArrival-Event-Sink only for external emails ?

Post by Udo Karlin » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:24:56

Thanks. We use OWA !

> Hello,

> Some messaging clients (for example, Outlook) use MAPI to submit their
> messages to the server. In this case, no SMTP Transport Events will be
> executed. This problem and the solution is discussed by Q288756
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288756).

> To catch internal mails, you have to install a secondary SMTP server and
> route messages thru that server (i.e. use another SMTP virtual server for
> outgoing mails).

> Regards,

>   Peter Karsai
>   http://www.vamsoft.com

> > hi ng !

> > System: E2K SP3 / NT4 SP6

> > Trieing  the SDK sample for an Event Sink On Arival (KB Q317680) i have
> > notice, that the event only works for emails, comming from an different
> > domain (going through the "external SMTP" port of the Exchange-Server).
> > Sending an internal mail creates no event? Why? How can i catch internal
> > mails?

> > Thanks for any idea.

> > Udo  Karlins

1. SMTP OnArrival Event Sink

I've created an SMTP event sink with the aim of filtering out certain
messages from being delivered to a user. I cannot find a way to either a)
delete the message, or b) reroute the message. Any one got any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Gavin Faux
Systems Developer
Komfort Office Environments plc

2. Changing the domain controller server used by Exchange server 2000

3. SMTP OnArrival Event Sink not working, please help

4. exchange migration and upgrade

5. OnArrival event sink

6. Send message future delivery???

7. Create .msg file in SMTP OnArrival Event Sink

8. Error finding relocated database

9. Event Sink and OnArrival

10. Windows 2000 SMTP OnArrival Transport Event sink

11. OnArrival event sink.

12. onarrival event sink problem cannot append textbody

13. SMTP OnArrival Event Sink