Inside MAPI Help building sample code

Post by Jeff Burri » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I have the book Inside MAPI by Irving De la Cruz and Les Thaler from
> Microsoft Press.  It contains a CD-Rom with sample code that was written
> using Visual C++.  I am trying to build one of the sample programs, but
> I am getting link errors.  The samples did not include a .mdp project
> file, but did include resource, definition, and make files.  How do I
> get these into a project so I can build it?  The link errors I get look
> like they have to do with missing MAPI routines.

[snip]

Sorry to respond to my own post, but a friend and I figured out the
problem.  I am new to VC++, so it wasn't as obvious as it should have
been.  I just had to add mapi32.lib onto the objects/libraries under
Build->Settings->Link.  Now it builds fine.
--

Senior Software Engineer                http://www.eaglesoft.com/
EAGLE Software, Inc.

Inside MAPI Help building sample code

Post by Jeff Burri » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have the book Inside MAPI by Irving De la Cruz and Les Thaler from
Microsoft Press.  It contains a CD-Rom with sample code that was written
using Visual C++.  I am trying to build one of the sample programs, but
I am getting link errors.  The samples did not include a .mdp project
file, but did include resource, definition, and make files.  How do I
get these into a project so I can build it?  The link errors I get look
like they have to do with missing MAPI routines.

Files included with the project:
-----------------
  HelloMAPI.CPP
  MAIN.CPP
  HelloMAPI.DEF
  HELLOMAPI.exe
  hellomapi.h
  resource.h
  mbox.ico
  HELLOMAPI.mak
  HelloMAPI.RC
  README.WRI

Link errors:
Linking...
   Creating library HelloMAP/HelloMAPI.lib and object
HelloMAP/HelloMAPI.exp
HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

MAIN.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAPI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

MAIN.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

HelloMAP/HelloMAPI.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
HelloMAPI.exe - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

--

Senior Software Engineer                http://www.eaglesoft.com/
EAGLE Software, Inc.

1. Inside MAPI Help building sample code

[snip]

Sorry to respond to my own post, but a friend and I figured out the
problem.  I am new to VC++, so it wasn't as obvious as it should have
been.  I just had to add mapi32.lib onto the objects/libraries under
Build->Settings->Link.  Now it builds fine.
--

Senior Software Engineer                http://www.eaglesoft.com/
EAGLE Software, Inc.

2. Exchange 5.5 errors 250 and 317

3. Remote Dial users...

4. Exchange Server not avaliable

5. NT e-mail date and time incorrect

6. HELP Inside MAPI

7. HELP Inside Mapi

8. Help! Looking for MAPI samples

9. OWA and XP inside building - can not logon - outside is fine

10. Help! Looking for MAPI code