Need advice for getting started on programming Exchange 2k / Outlook 2k

Need advice for getting started on programming Exchange 2k / Outlook 2k

Post by Dennis Dannecke » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:32:52

Hallo newsgroup,

as a systemadministrator for w2k/e2k I got the task to build a workflow for
our support team.
I've basic knowledge in VBScript and VBA, but I'm trying hard to get really
used to it. So i'm looking for a suitable book that teaches me how to
program Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 EventSink. It would be great if the
book also explains its code samples so that I've the chance to understand or
maybe modify it in a way I can use it. If the book is written in non too
complex english, it would be perfect - you probably already realized that
I'm not an English native.

Thanx

Dennis Dannecker

Need advice for getting started on programming Exchange 2k / Outlook 2k

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:08:10

Your best bet is to get the two MS Press books about Exchange and Outlook
programming. One is by Thomas Rizzo and the other one is from Mindy Martin.

Beside of those books you can check into the Exchange 2000 SDK:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange. It has plenty of good information to get
you started.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts http://www.cdolive.com