Need help to extract messages sent to/from specific domain

Need help to extract messages sent to/from specific domain

Post by Christopher Burkar » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:39:39

Is there any utility (EXMERGE or third party) that can search a
message store for messages sent to or received from a specific domain
and extract a copy to a separate store, mailbox, PST, etc.  Thanks in
advance for any help!

Chris Burkard
System Administrator
ChannelMax, Inc.

Need help to extract messages sent to/from specific domain

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:17:13

Exmerge might ...

How easy is it for you to build a copy of this server on a separate lab
network?  If it's easy, then theoretically you could build it, then give
yourself permissions to all mailboxes on the server at once ... then in
theory you could just 'search NTFS' using any Win32 API-based util i.e.
Windows Explorer to search the messages exposed by IFS.  I haven't tried
this but if Exmerge doesn't let you scope the search specifically enough
this may work ...

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA    Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics - Quest Spotlight on Exchange -